Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:49:34 AM

Author Topic: There is a God!!!!!Keygrabber Axis Gain question  (Read 82794 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: There is a God!!!!!Keygrabber Axis Gain question
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2009, 05:04:42 PM »
Andy, I'm wondering if axis 5 is a true analog signal. Might be why it is dropping out on you. You can't jog multipul axis in analog, that is done in jog mode. You can still use the same axis to jog the axis you normally would in analog if you can figure out a way to use a key modifier.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline astr

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2009, 05:47:08 PM »
Brett

Thanks for the reply.  The 5th axis works just like all of the others.  I can control the direction and speed of the Z-axis depending on which direction and how far I twist the stick.  The problem is that Keygrabber won't save the setting for the 5th axis.  Whenever I bring up Keygrabber, the 5th axis appears in the Joystick table but it is always disabled.  So I assign it to the Z-axis, start Mach3 and I'm good until next time.  All five axis appear under the "Joystick" tab of Keygrabber.

I'm not sure that I understand your reference to analog mode.  The joysick has five axis that have variable postions, not just on/off like the switches.  The single stick can be moved left or right, moved forward or backward, and twisted clockwise or counterclockwise.  These motions can be done simultaneously.  These show up as axis 1, 2, and 5 in Keygrabber.  There are also two sliders (Saitek calls them throttles) that show up as axis 3 and 4 in Keygrabber.  There are a bunch of buttons and switches that appear under the "HID buttons" tab of Keygrabber.  I've been able to assigned a few of these without any problems.

From reading the thread, I got the impression that your were able to achieve motion in multiple axis simultaneously.  When I run the same joystick using Art's joystick plugin and I move the stick diagonally, the mill table moves diagonally.  Under Keygrabber, if I do the same thing, the table will move only in one axis.  It seems to depend on which direction I started moving the stck first.  I have to return it to the neutral position before I can start movement along the other axis.

Andy
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:49:12 PM by astr »
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2010, 08:50:32 AM »
Hi Everybody,

Did anyone resolve this problem?

I am was about to go through the same procedure as astr and would appreciate any guidance on this subject.

Regards,

Simon
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 04:34:09 PM »
Hi. I'm interested in this too. I experienced the same behaviour as Astr said.
Can anyone say something about this point?
Thanks in advance.

Alberto

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »
You can do this in Keygrabber. (Move multiple axis at once)

Go to the Misc Settings tab, there should be an area marked "axis lockout".

If you select "When Pressed", you should have simultaneous axis movement, while "When Released" limits to one at a time.

I disabled multi-axis movement on my machine. The way I zero, I found it too easy to accidentally move an axis that I wanted to stay in position. Maybe with a different controller it wouldn't be an issue though.

Hope that helps,
Z

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2010, 04:40:31 PM »
Thanks for the information.
Here's another question..... How can I zero the X and Z axis using the joypad in Mach3Turn?
I mean, I found that "x", "y", and "z" will zero the DRO in the MILL screen but I was not able to do the same in the Turn screen set.
Can anyone help me please?
I tried to use Mach3screen but I found that in the X and Z zero button is stored a call to a routine that is not present in the Mill screen.... I don't understand. They don't even work from the keyboard...
Thanks.
Alberto 
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »
You can do this in Keygrabber. (Move multiple axis at once)

Go to the Misc Settings tab, there should be an area marked "axis lockout".

If you select "When Pressed", you should have simultaneous axis movement, while "When Released" limits to one at a time.

I disabled multi-axis movement on my machine. The way I zero, I found it too easy to accidentally move an axis that I wanted to stay in position. Maybe with a different controller it wouldn't be an issue though.

Hope that helps,

Hi.. Could you tell me where can I find this keygrabber to use my CNC Router with a game joystick ?? Thanks. Seba:)

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2010, 05:21:21 PM »
If I recall correctly, keygrabber is included with mach3. There should be an EXE file in the main mach3 directory. It has a smiley face icon :)
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
Hello all,
i tried the method suggested to make mach3 launch with keygrabber.
It does not work. It tells me the file path is not valid. despite i can run kerygrabber and mach3 from keygrabber icon and keygrabber is in the right directory...
benergy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2011, 05:13:35 PM »
You have to make sure the spacing is exactly correct in your target address for your shortcut.
Hood