Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:27:00 AM

Author Topic: 4th Axis running to slow  (Read 5372 times)

4th Axis running to slow
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:06:59 AM »
When running my machine and have the 4th axis running it runs in snail mode you can barely see the thing turn a job that says it only takes 6 min to run is taking well over an hour. The funny thing is when i open the MDI screen and input G0 A360 it runs very fast but when the job is saying it is running at 15 IPM for cut feed the thing looks like it is barely moving can someone please help me out with this it is very frustrating.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: 4th Axis running to slow
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 03:44:12 PM »
Have you set use radius for feed in toolpath config?

Have you set the radius of the part in the setting screen?

Graham
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 05:38:23 PM »
Just to add to what Graham posted,

If you have zero in the "Rotations Radius" DRO that will turn off "Use Radius for Feedrate"

Brian was going to fix this bug but must have forgotten.

Greg

Offline Mc2

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 09:17:39 AM »
When running my machine and have the 4th axis running it runs in snail mode you can barely see the thing turn a job that says it only takes 6 min to run is taking well over an hour. The funny thing is when i open the MDI screen and input G0 A360 it runs very fast but when the job is saying it is running at 15 IPM for cut feed the thing looks like it is barely moving can someone please help me out with this it is very frustrating.

If you command x or y axes at 15 IPM along with the A axis then Mach3 will run 15 degrees per minute. It is like a race. If you command X and A axes to go from point A to point B then Mach 3 will make sure they both get there at the same time. If A axis is running at 15 degrees a minute it will take a long time. Now this race is fare so no one wins or looses. In short command a feedrate of say 800 and see what happens. You will finde that your program will run better. X axis should not exceed set rapid speeds in your motor tunning area.

good luck, Jim.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »
Yes remember rotary motor tuning is in DEGREES per minute not ipm,  for instance my rotary is 3.23 steps per degree my degree per minute is set to 25,000 with an accel of 10,000. I had the same difficulty when i built my machine. this give a pretty modest jog rate,  i know it sounds fast but it isn't

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 03:33:58 PM »
Stepper or servo motor?
RICH