Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:52:30 PM

Author Topic: Saving Settins  (Read 3571 times)

Saving Settins
« on: September 21, 2006, 12:19:11 PM »
Hi all,

I seem to be having some trouble saving my settings in Mach2. Now normally, it saves to the .xml file everytime you close the program. But now, after several months of use, the load screen has reset to the default, and the .xml profiles settings have all changed. The load screen I use and the .xml file are saved on to a cd and have worked fine in the past, but copying them to the Mach2 folder on the harddrive doesn't solve my problem. I have tried uninstalling Mach2 (and deleting the Mach2 folder after) and reinstalling it. Still, it comes up with the same problem. I have manually gone into Mach2, changed the load screen and setting, closed the program, re-opened it to find everything reset again. Nothing I try seems to take and the setting always revert back to (i assume) the default settings. I'm starting to think the problem may be located in windows registry (corrupt entry perhaps)

The program I am using is the Mach2R6.11M. I am going to try strepping back to Mach2R6.11i to see if anything changes. If anyone out there has some insight as to what is happening or has seen this problem before, your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
                              Al

Hood

Re: Saving Settins
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 01:21:40 PM »
When you copy the XML to your hard drive from a CD you must right click on it and choose properties then uncheck the "read only" option. If you dont do this then Mach wont be able to write to the XML.
Hood.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 02:06:53 PM »
I have checked the Read-Only setting and it was off. I have also gone as far as removing the entire Mach2 folder from the harddrive after installing. So there was no file left to overwrite. The .xml file I copied from the CD was already preset with the proper configuration and the .set file was a custom design. After a fresh install and copying these files to Mach2, it would still read the wrong screen and .xml profile.

Hood

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 04:34:17 PM »
To be honest I think the best move for you would be try Mach3 and see how you go with that.
Hood