Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:37:34 AM

Author Topic: Prgramming & feed rates  (Read 3073 times)

Prgramming & feed rates
« on: January 16, 2010, 11:06:51 AM »
Hello once again everybody

I have a Boxford TCL125 and it was running fine with Mach3 . However the computer committed suicide and had to be replaced . Thankfully I kept a record of ports and pins etc just in case of such an event . I have just put everything back as it was and I have 2 problems . The first is that my MPG no longer works , but that will not stop me using the machine so I will ignore it . The other problem is that I no longer have the ability to read the spindle speed for a reason I do not know . I can start and stop it , and I have now set it up so that the speed is not needed , i.e. s1000m03 in mdi starts the spindle and I can adjust the speed using the spindle % buttons .

Now to the question . As all my programs have been written in feed/rev , if I start the spindle in the program at say 1000rpm and it does 1250rpm I do not care . But will Mach3 allow the feed per rev or will it force me to use feed/mm ? For instance if it "thinks" the spindle is doing 1000rpm and the feed command is 0.1mm/rev will it feed at 100mm/min irrespective of whether or not it might be doing 1500rpm , or will it just complain it has no spindle speed visible ? Also if I use G94 instead of G95 , can I use G00 command and expect it to traverse at the full speed the machine is set to , or will I have to put in a feed command in every time I want to change from a rapid to a feed move and vice versa ?

The machine is going to be retrofitted once more in a few weeks so evey thing will be sorted then , but for now I have a couple of jobs to do urgently and any answers will be gratefully received .

I think I know what the answers are going to be , but if you don't ask , you won't know for sure . Thanks for looking .
Re: Prgramming & feed rates
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:13:56 AM »
I can say that it will move at the speed per rev even though it is not seeing an index signal. ::)

But of course it shouldn't do that so will be fixed at some stage. This of course is all to do with what version of the software you are using.

Re what's not working you probably have pins un-enabled/swapped or something.

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 05:19:09 PM »
You will need to uncheck the Use Spindle in Sync mode I think, if you dont then I think your feed will be extremely slow as you will get an error message saying no spindle feedback detected. That setting is on Ports and Pins Spindle Setup if I recall.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 05:35:56 AM »
Cheers once again Hood and thanks Phil .

I was not expecting those answers . I will carry on with caution later on today and will post back . I think it is much better to start from an informed decision and then move forward . That way you tend to get less bang and more buck , so to speak .