Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:11:17 AM

Author Topic: Stragen events question  (Read 22794 times)

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
Re: Stragen events question
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2010, 08:11:16 PM »
I was just thinking the same thing run it again with the router on maybe twice if no error then move it to it's original position and run it again trying to recreate this problem

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »
Thank you so much for the help.  I think I am beginning to learn a bit of something.  I know I am using Excedrin a lot .......*L*

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2010, 08:32:49 PM »
LOL no problem, these things are really annoying and tracking them down can be a problem. This forum is usually pretty good though as lots of people who think in different ways so usually someone comes up with the answer :)
Hood

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2010, 06:03:06 AM »
This forum like the Vetric forum both are really great.  Many experienced users and they all help one another, that really makes it much easier for a newbie like myself to get started even with Te Excedrin it much less painless then if you had no help at all. 

Tonight I will continue my testing.  I am going to run the program without a change in anything with the router running trying multiple runs At least two to see if the error returns.  If we pass that test then I will relocate the control next to the computer where it was originally and run a few more times to see if that error returns.

I do believe if the error goes away you may have hit on it the oxidation or mounting of the Gecko drive being installed and reinstalled may have improved the connection enough to work properly.  I am like you a bit skeptical on that one.  More inclined to say I had two lucky runs I hope tonight I find what the problem is.

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »
Okay, this is more strange then first thought.  I swapped the drive putting the original drive to the Z axis back in place.  Ran the program with the router running three times (not one error) Okay, I moved the controller back to it's original place between the monitor and the computer, once again ran the program three times and not one error? 

This problem seems to have gone a rapidly and mysteriously as it appeared.  All I can do now is run until it happens again but by now I would have cut successfully 8 pieces. 

I just hope when I am running for real the router does not go into the weeds.  Only one way to know at this point so tomorrow off we go.

I really appreciate all your patience Hood, taking the time to try and explain all this you have been a great help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2010, 06:03:11 PM »
Not a problem :)
Sounds like it may well just have been a bad connection on the drive, lets hope it was and its all sorted now :)
Hood

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »
I will be able to let you know tomorrow.  I will be cutting for real just see what happens, I am now more aware of what to look for and that well may help if things go wild.  This at least was a good exercise in lubricating all the machine parts while it was practicing...*L* 

This is a bit like being sick and going to the doctor but you are not sick at the doctors office only when you leave.   I guess cutting for real will be a bit like leaving the doctors office we will see..........

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
Okay, in the shop and think I might just have located part of my bug.  I forgot I was updating Windows on my machine and it finished an install as the program was running did a display Regen and the machine Z and x went nuts.  Fortunately this was still another attempt to make sure this thing was right before cutting more material so harm done. 

I am beginning to think some of the problem might be in the computer not the controller.  Windows print buffer has a way of playing with printer feeds.  If it is getting in the way of mach3 that might be some of the problems.  Any special setting I should be aware of in Windows XP for the printer?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »
Just delete any printers and make sure there is nothing in the print spool and disable Windows update would be my advice. I only ever update from a service pack, by the time they come out Microsoft has sorted all the cockups that they frequently put out as updates ;)
Hood

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2010, 04:37:01 PM »
Oh, I have several printers installed here.  I do not have any connected and do not plan to connect one so That is step one delete them all.  Thank you.  Still waiting for 67 updates to install I am about half way now.