Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:05:51 AM

Author Topic: homing to limit switch  (Read 2967 times)

homing to limit switch
« on: January 25, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »
Hi trying to set up the home switch, not exactly sure how to set it up? i used the g28 but it goes to zero on the display never to switch home I know It isnt set up correctly, I only have y home active nothing else. I had it working then I dont know what I changed, I was trying to get the display to auto zero after home. because it always went to the display zero. my switch is n/o my screw is about 20" and only want to go home and reset after each cycle. so if for some reason I mis-step or reset in the middle It homes and resets dro any help would be nice
 Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: homing to limit switch
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »
You want to press the Ref All button, that will move your each  axis, you have a switch set up on, to to home. If you have Auto Zero chosen in the Homing and limits page this will zero the machine coordinates when Mach has homed. However your Offset coordinates may or may not be at zero as this will depend whether you have any offsets set up. When you press the Zero at the side of a DRO you are zeroing the offset that is ineefect at the time, normally G54. This is to allow you to zero your axis at a point other than machine coordinates zero, it will still allow you to keep position as when you home then press GoToZ it will move all axis to your offsets zero position.

Also G28 will just move the axis to home position but will not actually home your machine, G28.1 will home your machine.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 04:47:33 PM »
I believe the error i made was changing g28.1 to g28  with no g54,but also the ref all home doesn't move my motors because I used the m7 to send low signal and m9 to turn my motor drive high, I inverted all signals to my drive, I need a high signal to turn drive back on is there a way to do this (outside of the program) when my program ends my drive control is off? or a better way?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 05:06:32 PM »
You could edit the RefAll button to do the M9 before the Referencing if you wished.
Normally you would use the enable outputs to enable the drives though.
Hood