Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:36:38 PM

Author Topic: want to add a reading to my main screen  (Read 3862 times)

want to add a reading to my main screen
« on: January 10, 2010, 09:12:28 PM »
First I am completely new to this forum and am totally overwhelmed with the amount of information, thus the reason for this post.

I am running a Tormach machine and have it unlocked so I have full access to the Mach3 software and am running the 1024.set screen set.

I would like to add "one" thing to the main screen (have been playing with Mach3screen.exe without any luck). I would like to have the "Current" work offset displayed in the area as shown in the picture below.

And then I am also having a problem (since the change to the 1024.set) with the tool path and the actual tool movement in the display being approx. 50% lower.

If some one would be willing to point a forum newbie in the right direction or give me the necessary info to add the one option and correct the other problem, it will be greately appreciated.

Thank-you in advance.
Mike

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: want to add a reading to my main screen
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »
Mike

Firstly welcome to the forum.

If you look on the Offsets page, you will see "Current Work Offset" (1 2 3 4 5 etc) and Active Work Offset" (G54 G55 G56 etc)

Is it one of these two that you want displayed on the run page?

These sort of modifications can be done easily with either Screen4 or MachScreen

See pic for an example that only took a couple of minutes to do.

The toolpath display anomaly will probably be fixed with a "regen toolpath"

Greg
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:03:05 PM by Greolt »
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 11:48:54 PM »
Took me a few try's (as I kept losing the 3D graphic's).... but I finally got the current work offset to show up down there where I want it. I like having it right were it is easy to see, instead of having to look up in the mode line to see if it changed. Looking forward to getting the new .set file on the Tormach controller tomorrow. ;D

Thanks....

Next (tomorrow) I will try the regenerate tool path and see if that will correct the other problem.

Thanks again for giving a newbie a helping hand.
Mike J
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:51:24 PM by jestism »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »
I missed this before, but just edited his screen at CNC Zone. He just needed a Label added with "COSYS", which gives the  current coordinate system. And leads me to a question about labels. I'll start a new thread.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html