Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:10:54 PM

Author Topic: DRIVING A STEPPER MOTOR LIKE SPINDLE  (Read 10846 times)

Re: DRIVING A STEPPER MOTOR LIKE SPINDLE
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 10:01:12 AM »
hI, br549,

That's a sad news, i think that really cnc controller aren't for this fasts speeds, embroidery machines has his property controllers, but we should try to see what happens. Really we are looking for increase embroidery speed using synchronization of movement and using a continuous motor (DC or Stepper), to keep  thread tension as stable as possible.  

First test of my  embroidery machine was using an old SINGER sewing machine, above the table of my cnc router.

Hoop with fabric was bolted in Z axis router support for X and Y movements ,and Z axis stepper was coupled directly to sewing machine shaft using a water hose and clamps. First G code used is very simple in comparative
with personal and embroidery machines.

Some preliminary details
Z axis was set up for Z=1 for 1 revolution= stitch
Z initial = 0 = Needle in upper position
X an Y speed= 1500mm/min

A short lines of G code

G90
G21
G64
F 1500
(NEEDLE UP RAPID MOVE- Light bulb Off if On)
M09
(START STITCHING- Light Bulb Off if On)
M09

G00 X0  Y -1.5 ----Moving hoop to first stitch position.

G01 Z-0.8----------------Z moves at 80% of revolution ( First stitch, needle moves in to fabric,move out and stops 3 mm above   sewing machine table

M786 -------------------Macro reset Z values--Now Z= 0 is when needle is 3mm above sewing machine table when is coming out of fabric

G01 X-0.1 Y-19.4 Z-0.4--Hope moves for one stitch, Z complete one revolution and do 40% or next and stops at 3 mm above sewing machine table, this its a guarantee that hoop movement finish before needle is come inside fabric.

G01 Z0.8

M786

G01 X-0.4 Y-25.5 Z0.4

cont...

This way of work gives me a 150 Stitches x minute aprox, I think that the same code in more speed  movements can give 300 SPM.

Now I need to set an M7 command previous to any X and Y movements longer that i.e.7mm, for a solenoid that release thread tension and give a possibility to do  long stitches without thread breakage. I think to set  M7 line before X and Y line, but I need to use a rotary shutter to close solenoid circuit when needle arrives to specific rotation degrees for release tension in this moment.  

Could be in this way

G00 X0  Y -1.5 ----Moving hoop to first stitch position.

G01 Z-0.8----------------Z moves at 80% of revolution ( First stitch, needle moves in to fabric,move out and stops 3 mm above   sewing machine table

M786 -------------------Macro reset Z values--Now Z= 0 is when needle is 3mm above sewing machine table when is coming out of fabric

M7-----------------Activate Output signal for solenoid, but  solenoid start and stop depends of  electric circuit will close when rotary shutter activate or deactivate optical switch.

G01 X-0.1 Y-19.4 Z-0.4--Hope moves for one stitch, Z complete one revolution and do 40% or next and stops at 3 mm above sewing machine table, this its a guarantee that hoop movement finish before needle is come inside fabric.

M9------------------Close Output signal for solenoid.

G01 Z0.8

M786

M7

G01 X-0.4 Y-25.5 Z0.4

M9

cont...

Thanks for your help

Regards

Rene
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:18:58 AM by renenpaz »
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 10:32:02 AM »
Hello. I haveset my Seig up with a rotary table as axis 4. How do I get it to run continuously. Cordialment,darius.France

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 05:39:17 AM »
Darius - welcome to the forum. Unfortunately not only have you resurrected a 5 year old thread but you've done it twice. Please start your own thread - you'll get more/better replies if you do.