Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:36:50 PM

Author Topic: Computer shuts down  (Read 8484 times)

Re: Computer shuts down
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 01:15:31 AM »
I am having exactly the same problem with windows xp computer... runs fine until Mach 3 runs... then screen blinks a couple times and it shuts down and turns off.  Its worse with the cnc power supply turned on.  Paid a tec guy to do the xp setup to follow the optimization sheet from the site here... no improvement.  This issue of course completely stops any movement forward.  will post this on individual post, but if someone reads this please reply

thanks bob
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 01:24:17 AM »
 Btw... I tried 3 different xp computers in my house, downloading mach3 and got the shut down situation problem with all three.
Tried optimization from the site here as well, no change.  NO BLUE screens though  on this shut down stuff.  Still no answers.

bob

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 01:34:42 AM »
I am having exactly the same problem with windows xp computer... runs fine until Mach 3 runs... then screen blinks a couple times and it shuts down and turns off.  Its worse with the cnc power supply turned on.  Paid a tec guy to do the xp setup to follow the optimization sheet from the site here... no improvement.  This issue of course completely stops any movement forward.  will post this on individual post, but if someone reads this please reply

thanks bob

Does your PC meet the minimum requirements ?

Requirements if using the parallel port for machine control:

Desktop PC (Laptops are not supported) with at least one parallel port
32-bit version of Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (64-bit versions will not work)
1Ghz CPU
512MB RAM
Non-integrated Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Requirements if using an external motion device for machine control:

An appropriate external motion controller (options can be found on the Plugins page)
Desktop or Laptop with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 / 10
1Ghz CPU
512MB RAM
Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Tweakie.
PEACE