Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:49:55 AM

Author Topic: Settings file  (Read 2943 times)

Settings file
« on: January 02, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
Hi

I had to make a new windows install as my pc for my cnc was all clugged up with viruses an things.

I made a new install on a new harddrive, so I can still put it in to recover any files i might miss later.
I had made screenshots of all settings for motors and pins, but seems like i had some scrips and customized screen buttons and so on.

So my Q is, are there any of the *.set or *.lset files that i can copy from the old hdd, and have these integrated in a click.

Something waaaaay back in my head made me believe that the 1024 file that i had made mods to, (well in fact some of you out there) was downloaded an swapped, but its been a long time without any machine running, but i would like to have it as close to what i had.

For example i must have messed up som output on my secondary printerport, as my spindle starts when i hit reset button.

I think i made a script for that, but ill guess ill find it after searching my old threads.

Best reg
Cory
Re: Settings file
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
Almost all you need is a copy of your old XML file.

All info about Mach3 is in this file.

Jeff
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »
Thanx.

I didnt bother swapping the disks, so i just startet playing with the inputs, and OEM codes, and got most of it to work, but seem to be stuck on an issue of contolling the ref all button from an external input.

Cant seem to find a code for this button in the OEM list so if anyone has a script for this button, og a hotkey solution, it would be great.

Have to rewind my brain to figure out how i made some of my macros and VB scripts....that way I can start to remeber how it all works:):)

Best reg
Cory
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »