Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:22:30 AM

Author Topic: Three Page Lathe Screen  (Read 56719 times)

Re: Three Page Lathe Screen
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 04:54:52 AM »
dgoddard

The graphics files should be in a directory called "New Screen" and new screen will be in the bitmaps folder as C:\Mach3\Bitmaps\New Screen

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »
Thanks, got it working.  Had the New Screen folder under turnbitmaps.  One thing I did to the 1024.lset (saved as new new .lset) was to add the "Axis Calabration" feature found in the mill 1024.set to the lathe .lset.  Sure makes step per inch fine tuning much easier.  Just throwing it out there.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 08:58:23 PM »
dgoddard, The Axis calibration can be a nice feature but it shouldn't be something you use often. The steps per values are hard numbers based on facts. The only time it should ever need adjusting is if a piece of hardware that effects the steps per. is changed and only if it has different specs. than the previous.  If this is something you have to do often tell us about it and we will try to get it so you don't.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 04:32:00 AM »
dgoddard at the beginning of this thread i asked for feedback as none was forthcoming i assumed that the screenset was perfect. ;D

Brett he has a point, now as i put ballscrews on my lathe i have no need for that feature but someone who connected to a standard lathe setup the Z axis would be a rack and pinion with no easy way to find the ratio

Maybe the Screen 4 guru's will take note

Phil

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 07:44:33 AM »
Swap the axis and use Mach Mill as it' only a one shot deal.
RICH
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »
Swap the axis and use Mach Mill as it' only a one shot deal.
RICH

Good point.  Had not thought of that.  I'm learning Screen4 by adding auto probing functions to a new screen in Mill and found it easy just to add the Axis Cal to the lathe screen.

Phil, you noted that you did not need as you added ballscrews.  I found that on both mill and lathe (both with ballscrews) that the calculations for "steps for inch" in a perfect world would be perfectly accurate, however due to slight variance in mechanicals, etc. most of the time actual will differ from calculated.  Not much, but it's an ego factor to be as accurate as possible.
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 10:40:06 AM »
dgoddard,

I didn't just accept the fact, i checked using a slip gauge and it was bang on correct.

Phil

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 10:35:25 AM »
Phil,

I hope you don't mind me adding to your work. Your layout is much easier to use than the standard set. I figured I would add a few features to it and share it so everyone could enjoy. It is far from finished however all the wizards should work fine. The ones that are finished are...

Drilling
OD Facing
ID Groove

My goal is to all all these features to all the wizards. I also have a few features planned for the threading wizard. I would much appreciate feedback on this. Please let me know if you find any bugs or would like to see something additional added. Phil if you have any issues with me furthering your work please contact me and I will have the files removed.

Thanks,
Wes

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »
Wes,
Just loaded the screen and the additional wizards are nice and are additive. Haven't tried them out.
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »
On some of the wizards it would be nice to change the bitmaps to show the pathing as shown in the attached.
Just never got around to doing it. A little off the thread topic....... ;)

RICH