Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 03:47:13 AM

Author Topic: Problems copying files  (Read 5940 times)

Problems copying files
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:28:10 PM »
Hi,

I am just trying to get my head around the ScreenDesigner and am attempting to change one of the standard screen sets. I have modified images, attached some code and saved the new screen set with another name. I can open Mach, import the new screen set and everything works just fine. However, I now need to move it onto the computer in the workshop but when I try to copy the .set file to a USB stick I get the error message (below) and if I copy anyway, the resulting file is corrupt, according to ScreenDesigner. I have tried 'Save File As' and directing it to the USB stick but I then get an error message saying 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.'

Please help - How can I copy a screen set to another computer?

Mike
Re: Problems copying files
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »
Hi Mike,

this message tells you, that the ads Files for window_sizes and locked data is not copied. These fies are only used by MachScreen. Just ignore the message and your set file should be copied.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 04:43:14 PM »
Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the reply - it did indeed work and I now have an upgraded screen for my needs. Thank you for giving me the ability to do this. I had tried scream4 but could not do what I wanted - your software has made this task very much easier.

Thanks again,

Mike

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 05:00:19 PM »
Yup Mike, Klaus is great.  :)

Thanks Klaus
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 03:35:27 AM »
Hi Mike

BTW, have you tried "export project" in the file menu? This would copy your set-file and the corresponding bitmap files, keeping your directory structure, without showing that info message.

Klaus
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »
Hi Klaus,

Just tried to export but there were no profiles to select. I also found the export screen a little confusing, particularly the 'File Type' section as I am not sure what I should be exporting. Also the 'Install Path', if I am simply exporting to a USB stick, why would I want an install path? .  After selecting the source path as C\Mach3 and the destination as the USB, when I tried without selecting anything in the 'file type', a message said 'No File Type selected', fair enough so I selected 'Profile' as I could not see 'Screen Set' as a file type. I then get a message saying 'No Profile Selected'. However, there are no profiles in the drop down box to select.

Unfortunately, I am now even more confused than I was before - Sorry,

Mike
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 11:01:15 AM »
Hi Mike,

could it be, you where using "export" instead of "project export"?. But as I was testing, I found a bug in project export, which is fixed in version V1.36.c and can be downloaded.

Project export procedure

Set file to be exported must be loaded
Select project export
Select project path which would be C:\Mach3 in default installation
Select export path which can be any drive / path except CD / DVD

Klaus
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 12:15:22 PM »
Hi Klaus,

You are right, of course - I must remember to engage brain before working :)

It worked fine, with no error messages.

Thanks,

Mike