Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:23:36 AM

Author Topic: Jogging off limits question.  (Read 3877 times)

Jogging off limits question.
« on: December 22, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »
I have the pins set to jog off  limits. It works on the Z axis but not on the X or Y. All I can figure is it has something to do with having 2 switches for Z limits and only one switch for the x and y axis. This is on a BP boss.. Any ideas how to overcome this?? Does this make sense??

Jim
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:35:45 PM by j king »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jogging off limits question.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 05:11:04 PM »
Not sure what you mean by "I have the pins set to jog off  limits".
There is a setting on the Settings page which is Auto Limit Override, if you have that chosen then when you hit a limit you can just press the reset and jog off the limit. However you shouldnt really need that if you set up softlimits as they will prevent you from hitting the hard limits in the first instance. The only time you would hit them is if you lost steps for some reason and Mach thought the table was somewhere other than where it is.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 05:24:31 PM »
Hey again Hood!  I  have had a terrible day working on this thing..I posted another post but will spare you. Heheheee...

I dont know anything about running a cnc.I play around with test programs without the spindle running and I always seem to hit one of the limits. Stupid I know. I cant run this yet but have fun watching the mill do its moves.At least a little enjoyment.I do get a kick out of watching it just move around. Sick I know...

I just noticed that I could hit reset and jog off the z but not the x or y. Yes its the auto limit override.Couldnt remember the name..If I hit the x or y I have to go into the pins and ports and change the active high or low setting then go back and jog off and then go back and reset it.Kinda a pain. I  know I should stay away from the limits but I am just playing.Why would it work on Z but not the others?   Thanks  Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »
Not sure why you are having problems, how do you have the X and Y limits wired and configured in Mach, you dont have the E-Stop on the same pin by any chance?

Oh and BTW I still get a kick watching the CNC's do their thing :)
Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »
The e-stop is on a different pin Hood.  It must have to do with the z axis switch having 2 separate switches and the other 2 axis only have one.Heck if I know?? I muddle my way thru this stuff.  ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 08:24:43 PM »
Shouldnt make any difference unless its the way you have them wired. Are they in series and normally closed switches?
Can you attach your xml and I will have a look through that to see if I can find a problem.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 09:17:36 PM »
Would love to Hood but I dont know what a xml is.. :-[
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:24:27 PM by j king »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 02:16:24 AM »
the xml is your config settings fuile. You will find it in the main Mach 3 folder and will be called Mach3Mill.xml if you are using the standard Mill profile, if using another profile then it will have that name.xml. You will need to copy it to your desktop and rename to something like jking.xml before the forum will allow it to be attached as each file loaded to the forum must have a unique name.
 To attach you use the additional options button on the replay page and browse to the file you want to attach.
Hood