Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:01:34 AM

Author Topic: Bridgeport mill and back gear spindle reversal  (Read 9568 times)

Re: Bridgeport mill and back gear spindle reversal
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 09:01:57 PM »
I have a Bridgeport milling machine and how can I tell Mach software to invert the spindle direction in Back gear using switch hooked to the lever

The "Reverse" checkboxes in the pulley setup are there for exactly that reason.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 09:09:47 PM »
QUOTE  "does a spindle speed call automatically switch pulley # base on set values in the spindle set up"

NOPE...not here anyway.
Probably could be made to with a fancy macro though.
Rays dept.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:12:20 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 09:12:19 PM »
Ware do I rum a custom macro from cuz I take it there is no way for the pulley number to automatically change baste on spindle rpm
Adam
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 09:45:33 PM »
Once you write your macros, you can call them from gcode or mdi.  EDIT..: or in a button.
Seems there should be a way to stop the program if the commanded speed is out of range of the current pulley so you can change the pulley then restart.....just like the manual tool change.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:47:44 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »
QUOTE  "does a spindle speed call automatically switch pulley # base on set values in the spindle set up"

NOPE...not here anyway.
Probably could be made to with a fancy macro though.
Rays dept.

I'm not aware of any way to automate pulley selection through macros.  Doesn't mean it can't be done, but I'm not aware of any "hooks" into the spindle control that would allow it.  Possibly through a plug-in?  But one thing I'm learning (painfully) lately is that trying to do things in Mach3 that are not commonly done, you're pretty much guaranteed to end up "fighting city hall".  I've had a real time working around bugs and limitations in Mach3 to make the knee do tool length compensation.  I hate to think of the problems you'd run into trying to make spindle control "smart".

What I do on my machine is run the G-code through a pre-processor that makes "optimum" selections of pulley, motor speed range, and VFD frequency, to minimize the number of pulley changes through an entire program, so I don't have to change pulleys every time I change tools.  In most cases, I can run a whole job with no pulley changes.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
Yes that is what I am wanting to do so i have been busy looking for tech tips on macros and looking thru the macro folder in Mach Dir for ideas

Thanks and wish me luck
Adam

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 02:11:59 AM »
Not as far as I know.
Hood