Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:59:53 AM

Author Topic: running on Mac OSX  (Read 4249 times)

running on Mac OSX
« on: December 18, 2009, 08:08:16 PM »
Hello everyone. silly question. So I was wondering if it possible to run the Mach screens from a Mac using say a PC emulator of some type. Not to run the actual machines or anything. I just was hoping I could proof programs on a mac buy installing the software without the drivers and trying to run it on an emulator of some kind. Has anyone tried this? the reason I ask is that I am so sick of PC problems I want to buy a Mac, and the only program stopping me is Mach3. I still need a way to sit and write programs in my office without having to do it at the machine. Any thoughts out there.

Re: running on Mac OSX
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 08:54:18 PM »
I run a Mac Pro as my primary machine, I dual boot with WinXP.  I do part design and programming in XP, but everything else in OSX. Helps to keep Windows clean and working well.  That being said if you were to use something like Parallels Desktop or VMware with a copy of Windows I don't see why you couldn't get a driverless install with no machine connected to run fine.  I have never personally tried this mind you, I have my doubts about the ability of my graphics card to do Solidworks well in a virtual machine, so I've not bought Parallels.  If I do wind up trying it I'll post my results on how the machine does.
Re: running on Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »
Good to know, Thanks. I just cant take Windows anymore. I used to have a Mac so I am much less tolerant of Windows issues.

CB