Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:32:56 PM

Author Topic: Keyboard input for axis stopped  (Read 2988 times)

Keyboard input for axis stopped
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:07:37 PM »
I have been just cruising along with .032 with no problems until today when all of a sudden none of the axis controls from the keyboard work but the fly out controls the motors just fine.  Also getting weird readings on the diagnostic screen with several of the port pins not lighting up but the axis works from the flyout.  Any hints on where to solve this problem?

Thanks  Jerre

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: Keyboard input for axis stopped
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:47:04 AM »
Might be that you have turned off jog mode by accident. Try Ctrl+Alt+J, or click the button for it on the main page, in the tool information block.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:03:59 AM »
Sam

I went thru that obstacle but have found that keyboard input for the axis's is intermittant.  It will work for a while in x-y axis but on z it will move one direction then stop all input for any axis when the z is switched.  Press the red button and the x-y will work again.  The gcode window also changes color when the axis stops.  this is so strange as it was working flawlessly for months.  The mpg flyout will control all axis's all the time.  Trying to run a program shows exaggerated movements with an up and down on the z axis after z move.  I reloaded Mach and have tried several keyboards with the same results.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:31:48 AM »
Try deleting the keyboard from device manager then rebooting the computer. Also if you have a different type of keyboard try using it, what I mean is if you use a USB try with a PS2.
Hood