Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:38:09 AM

Author Topic: VFD recommendations  (Read 3473 times)

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
VFD recommendations
« on: November 08, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »
Hey folks, I'm having the devil of a time getting this HSD VFD to work.  HSD can't even seem to be able to send me the right manual for it.  They keep insisting that the manual they sent from SERCO will work even though the codes on the panel are all different.  Gotta love their support.  Btw, I don't recommend buying anything from HSD their support is so sucky.

What do you guys recommend for a VFD.  In all likelyhood, I'm going to have to replace this one with one that will work.

I'd need single to 3 phase, 220 volt, 6.9 Amp, 2HP.  I hope that is descriptive enough;)

Barry
Re: VFD recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:48:03 PM »
I've been using a Hitachi SJ2002 Inverter on my mill for about a year and have had no issues so far...

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 01:03:53 AM »
I ended up buying a Hitachi X200

http://www.hitachi-america.us/products/business/inverters/ac_variable_speed_drives/x200/index.html

It came in today and 30 minutes of hooking it up, I have a successful spindle test.  It is absolutely amazing what can be done when you have the proper manual.  I can't say enough about the Hitachi inverter too.  The construction is great, the wiring in and out is thoughtful, and the manual is very well thought out.

Barry

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 11:04:52 PM »
18000 rpm = successful, wow that's a scary RPM;)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:09:53 PM »
I also have a Hitachi SJ200 running on my mill.
While it took me more than 30 minutes to get it up and running I am very happy. It was basically set it and forget it.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.