Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:51:33 AM

Author Topic: Semi ridgid Tapping Wizzard  (Read 10073 times)

Vmax

Semi ridgid Tapping Wizzard
« on: January 08, 2006, 10:59:07 AM »
Brian did you ever get a chance to think about a Semi Ridgid Tapping Wizzard. I have a piece that I regularly build that takes 50 holes and 50 tappings to complete. It sure would be handy. Perhaps you could combine it with a version of the drill wizzard to boot.   PS: If you did not do such a good job with the Wizzards I would not be so lazy.  Thanks (:~)= Terry
Re: Semi ridgid Tapping Wizzard
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »
I am going to go out and drop a few trees and after that I think it is time to add in the tappin gto the NF wizard set! I have to get out of the house and do some thing or I am going to get Lazy :) There is nothing better than a little chainsaw and tractor work to keep you in shape :)

Would you be willing to test that out?

Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 03:42:21 PM »
Brian,
How about just doing a couple of tree's then the wizard? :P

John S.

PS> It'll probably be crap anyway :'(

Vmax

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 05:12:58 PM »
Brian do you mean the wizzard or the getting in shape by doing all that tree and yard work that I have to do also? ????

I have some jobs to clear out before Daytona Speed week and put my tension /compression tap holder back together but you can bet it will get tested.

(:~)= Terry
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 09:08:29 PM »
I have the code in the wizard set as a test :)
I only added it to the circular bolt pattern. You tell me when you think you would like to test it and I will send it to you.

www.machsupport.com

Vmax

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 10:55:21 PM »
Brian, send it on and I will slip it into the job que to test. I think I still have a test modual we used to test rigid tapping with years ago. A cylinder and a pen set to go in the spindle to write inside of the cylinder. We should be able to see how reactive the controller is also.  (:~)= Terry
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 06:05:49 AM »
This is not going to to be rigid type tapping... you are going to need to have a floating tap holder.

Thanks and it is on the way:)

www.machsupport.com

Vmax

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 09:12:57 AM »
Brian I realize that this will not be rigid tapping. But the test will give me an indication of the realtionship of RT and Mach possibilities. Another company does rigid tapping with a VFD and encoder on the spindle we should be able to do it also or get extremely close so that a spring loaded /floating taphead will keep us out of trouble. All we should have to do is follow the spindle rotation with the z axis. We do this all the time with x/y/z. I know Mach does not have the z/spindle relationship, but we have to start looking somewhere/somtime to move on up.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 01:17:30 PM »
This will happen with the Grex :)

www.machsupport.com

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 02:29:00 AM »
Brian? Did you ever get this going?

Chad