Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:44:29 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 registration  (Read 5676 times)

Mach 3 registration
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:06:52 AM »
Hi all,
I’m in need of a little bit of help. I am quite new to CNC and “Mach3”; I have converted an X2 mill and want to get going with “Mach3”.
I got hold of an old desk top computer which had been running “Mach” quite comfortably in its previous life, the original “Mach” program had been removed, so I downloaded the latest version of “Mach3” to have the latest version and also so it can be registered in my name. The problem is when I look in help, about Mach3, it shows it is still licensed to the previous owner of the PC, but even though it shows that it’s licensed it will stop at 500 lines.
What do I need to do to remove the previous license, so I can purchase my own and have it registered in my name?
Michael

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 registration
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:57:27 AM »
Strange that it is stopping at the 500 lines but maybe it is a pirate licence so Mach knows that.
Anyway the licence is in your Mach3 folder and it is called Mach1Lic.dat, if you remove that then it will return to Demo.
Might also be worth doing a search for it in windows as Mach may pic it up again on the next update you do.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:55:16 AM »
Thanks Hood,
Its getting a bit late here now, but I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know how I go.
Michael
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 01:57:49 AM »
Thanks Hood, it worked a treat. Its been a bit hot to do anything much today (over 42c ), have ordered my Mach3 licence so once I have that it should be all go.
Michael

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 07:50:01 AM »
Lucky you, its freezing here, literally, or was yesterday, today is a bit milder but cold in the wind. Then again I hate the heat and think I would be dead if it ever got above high 20's ;D

Hood