Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:39:19 AM

Author Topic: LazyCAM Turn: Arcs are "backwards"  (Read 3381 times)

LazyCAM Turn: Arcs are "backwards"
« on: November 15, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »
I created a profile with several arcs joining lines like a rounded corner.
The program generated the lines OK but all the arcs are the opposite of what they are supposed to be.
For example, the arc joining the two 90 degree angled lines is supposed to be a short outside convex segment of 90 degrees but it became a 270 degree inside concave segment.
Presumably I am missing something very obvious.
What am I doing wrong?

I am getting tired of hand calculating all the arcs and I am waiting for LazyTurn with the finish path option.
Thanks in advance,
Bertho

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyCAM Turn: Arcs are "backwards"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 04:24:29 PM »
Bertho,
Take a look at the ARC MOTION  tutorial in the Members Docs and i think you will find answers to a lot of questions besides the one you are asking. Take a look at the Figure 9 . There are numerous examples of code and even shows the difference between using absolute, incremental, and radius.

You can get a finishing pass out of LazyCam in the mean time until Lazyturn is finished. Have a look at Tutorial #5,
Section 9 for how to do it. The LC and LT manuals are also in the Members Docs.

RICH
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:26:15 PM by RICH »
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 04:36:40 PM »
Thanks Rich for a fast reply.
I have already downloaded, printed & bound all the documentation.  They are very nicely done!
Obviously I still missed some feature and I will look at the suggested reading materiel.

I manually calculated the arcs the first time which worked but then I tried the finishing pass in LazyCAM turn and ran into the problems.
Bertho

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
Make sure that you export out of LC and post into Mach with the correct / same settings.
Make note of the arc motion in G18, did know all about arcs,,,,, just can't seem to recall it !  ;D  :D  ;)
Having reversed arcs check'd in the lathe can play into this. See reversed arcs - comparitive examples in the arc motion tutorial.

RICH
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:54:31 PM by RICH »