Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:00:24 AM

Author Topic: Smooth Stepper Port2  (Read 6651 times)

Offline SScnc

•  77 77
    • View Profile
Re: Smooth Stepper Port2
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 01:29:25 PM »
Before I decided I was going to disconnect the BOB, and try your idea, I hooked everything up on port3, and sure enough everything works flawlessly. I really think it's the BOB causing the issue. Everything that I need is working now, SO if the time comes where I need more inputs I will bite the bullet and try again.

I'm having some issues with noise on my MPG and switches causing false triggers, axis selecting/deselecting etc. The noise filter under the SS plugin has boxes to fill in values. I'm assuming this will solve my problem but I'm unsure what to put in the box as a value.

Can you dawn some light on this? The Smooth Stepper manual needs some serious revisions and more information.

~Scott

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »
Without an oscilloscope to 'see' the noise you have to guess and plug some filtering values in and then see what happens. The noise filter values are in microseconds so start with a value of 1000 and see how much that helps.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »
1.43 is the minimum in the SS filtering and you may well find that is enough for the MPG, it was for me so give it a go and see if not just keep increasing until you cure it but I would say if you have to go much over 30 or 40 you would be better finding the source of the noise and curing it rather than trying to mask it with filtering. Thats just my opinion though, others may think differently.
Hood