Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:37:25 PM

Author Topic: working screens available ???  (Read 3573 times)

working screens available ???
« on: September 06, 2006, 12:42:09 AM »
Hi, I am just trying out and learning Mach (2). Using it to control a lathe with Xylotex drivers. Wow is it smooth. What I need is a screen or screen set that is completely controlable via the keyboard. I don't feel comfortable operating a machine tool with a mouse. I feel it can be quite unsafe as dropping something as light as a pocket scale can click the mouse and it is just another item to clutter your work space.
A lot of the Mach2 screens give keyboard hotkeys (short cuts) but most don't work. I tried Mach3 and none of the screens for it have hotkeys designated.
What I am gathering from this forum is a lot of you are creating your own screens. I don't have the time or desire to do this. I need to spend my time making parts. So if anyone has a lathe, keyboard controlable, screen I would really like to try it out.
I am new to Mach and if I am overlooking or misunderstanding something please let me know.

Thanks
Al

Hood

Re: working screens available ???
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 02:18:04 AM »
Nearly all of the buttons have hotkeys assigned to them but just they are not shown on the screenset. You can open the screenset in Screen4 and double click on the button in question and look at the scan code for that hotkey, you will then need to look up a ASCII table to work out the actual keystrokes. If there are no hotkeys set for that function you can usually assign one yourself.
 There are some Lathe screensets available for Mach3 in the Mach Screens part of this forum.

Hood

Offline Psad

•  82 82
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 06:29:29 PM »
I'm trying to do the same thing with a Cheap dpad device.  I'm lookign for some of those same keycodes.
I keep hearing about Screen4.  I dont find it in the directory or any way to get to it through Mach3
 ???.

Hood

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 06:32:16 PM »
Screen4 can be dowloaded from the main site, look at the top of this page and you will see the download link.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 11:55:26 PM »
Thanks Hood. I'm on my way to creating my first operating screen.
Psad, Look in the Download, Videos for Screen4 video to learn how
to use screen4. It's pretty cool.

Al