Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:21:30 AM

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong  (Read 3852 times)

Offline tipit

•  22 22
    • View Profile
What am I doing wrong
« on: January 01, 2010, 03:14:04 AM »
Hi, when using one of the Wizards before going to the wizard I zero the X,Y and Z to the fixture that I want to mill, after filling all the needed parameters and pressing the Post Code button and Exit I am back to the Mach3 screen.

Then when I press he Cycle start button the spindle moves up, but to far up and I have to move the Z back to the fixture again re zero it another time, if for some reason or another I have to move the spindle in another spot I only have to re zero the X and Y the Z is OK.
Hoping to be clear enough
Thank you
Re: What am I doing wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:09:25 PM »
Sorry, but I do not understand what you are doing.

Are you using one of the Newfangled wizards? which one?

When it returns to Mach do you see the code OK? can you save the code and post a copy here?

Offline tipit

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 12:39:20 AM »
Hi, Yes I'm using the Newfangled wizard and this was happening in all the Wizards,if I'm right the wizard was taking consideration of the G43 code and in the Offset and Probe page under Tool Offset the length of the tool was one inch.
When I saw this I change the length to 0 and now it's working like I expected

Can you explain me in what situation I should enter the length of the tool I'm using,(I'll try to answer my question, When I'M zeroing from the table) ??
Thank you  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:49:15 AM by tipit »
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:28:08 PM »
Yes, the newfangled wizards use tool offset code, so if you have values inthe tool table Mach will use them.

I think that if you have set up the tool table correctly the wizards will work OK. If you do not use the tool table, and all the entries are 0 then they also work OK.