Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 08:26:32 PM

Author Topic: Sherline Soft Limits  (Read 2624 times)

Offline sn96

•  60 60
    • View Profile
Sherline Soft Limits
« on: August 07, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »
Hello guys,

I have been messing around with the soft limits and I really don't understand it. It seems for the Z, no matter what I choose, it has no effect that I can tell. After each change, I run the roadrunner.tap file and watch how the spindle moves and it seems to always behave the same. the only difference I can tell is how far down it travels but the direction it moves seems the same. In other words, when it is expected to move up, it does, when it's expected to move down, it does, regardless my settings.

Another problem I see is when zeroing the maching, the Z moves after the X and Y have zeroed, this will break a tool for sure.

NOTE: I am only looking at the display window. I don't have the machine yet. Perhaps I'm not seeing this properly.

Here is a screenshot of my settings:

Can someone with a  with a Sherline 5400 mill share their settings?

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:53:51 AM by sn96 »
Mike
mach3 demo latest version
stepperonline 566 ozin closed loop stepper 4.0 driver for x and y
stepperonline 1699 ozin closed loop stepper 4.0 driver for the z
amazon no name brand usb controller

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Sherline Soft Limits
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »
Sorry I just saw your post. I would think you only want your Z to home after x and y so you wont hit clamps etc. Z should retract just prior to the end of the code, I think. What kind of mototr settings do you run? I am running a cnc sherline but it has many changes from A2zcnc. I run 42 on velocity and 12 on accel on x & y and 36 /8 on Z. Might be able to go a little faster> i am running 205 oz steppers on all 3 axis.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)