Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:22:59 AM

Author Topic: Does demo Mach 3 do pwm output?  (Read 4218 times)

Does demo Mach 3 do pwm output?
« on: October 17, 2009, 05:28:23 PM »
I am unable to see the pwm out of the demo Mach 3. I am about to purchase Mach 3 but I would like to know that it will output pwm for heat control of a hot wire.

Regards,

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Does demo Mach 3 do pwm output?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:19:43 AM »
Never used PWM myself but I am 99.99% sure it is available in the Demo version.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
Never used PWM myself but I am 99.99% sure it is available in the Demo version.
Hood

It abo*********ely is, I've used it.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »
Ray,

Would you care to share how you use the pwm to control hot wire heat? I have a controller board without documentation. I have managed to get everything working but the pwm output.

Thanks,
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 04:41:01 PM »
Ray,

Would you care to share how you use the pwm to control hot wire heat? I have a controller board without documentation. I have managed to get everything working but the pwm output.

Thanks,

I use it for controlling a spindle, not a hotwire, but the configuration is pretty simple - Go to Config->Ports&Pins->SpindleSetup.  Check UseSpindleMotorOutput and PWMControl, then set the PWM frequency.  Set the min and max speeds for Pulley1 in Config->SpindlePulleys.  In your case, you probably just want to set 0 to 100, so you can control the wire in %.  Then do an "M3 S*********" where ********* is any number between the Min and Max spindle speeds you setup for the pulley, making sure Pulley1 is selected on the Settings age, and it should work.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.