Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:37:06 PM

Author Topic: Spindle Speeds x3cnc  (Read 4852 times)

Spindle Speeds x3cnc
« on: October 09, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »
 Hi this is my first question on the forum,
When I put 700rpm spindle speed into Mach3 the machine only returns 400rpm at the spindle,
At 3,000rpm + the spindle speeds are o.k.
The motor does not start untill you have put 700rpm in to Mach3,
Machine is a KX3 CNC MILL
ANY INFORMATION WILL HELP PLEASE.
Melv.
Re: Spindle Speeds x3cnc
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 07:32:49 PM »
Hi this is my first question on the forum,
When I put 700rpm spindle speed into Mach3 the machine only returns 400rpm at the spindle,
At 3,000rpm + the spindle speeds are o.k.
The motor does not start untill you have put 700rpm in to Mach3,
Machine is a KX3 CNC MILL
ANY INFORMATION WILL HELP PLEASE.
Melv.

Mach3 assumes the spindle speed interface has a linear response.  Clearly, yours is anything but....  You need to talk to Sieg, or whoever you bought the machine from as it sounds like you have pretty marginal hardware.  It is NOT a Mach3 problem.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 05:25:19 AM »
Hi
I would like to say thank you for your quick reply & I will follow your advice.
MY BEST REGARDS,
Melv.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 07:31:05 AM »
Hi Ray,
As I am not conversant with electronics's will you please explane to me what marginal hardware Is ?
It has been suggested to me at our model club that I fit a smooth stepper willthis help or cure the problem ?,
If you have any suggestions (not rude) I will listen and absorb your comments.
My B est Regards,
Melv.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:17:11 AM »
Hi Ray,
As I am not conversant with electronics's will you please explane to me what marginal hardware Is ?
It has been suggested to me at our model club that I fit a smooth stepper willthis help or cure the problem ?,
If you have any suggestions (not rude) I will listen and absorb your comments.
My B est Regards,
Melv.

There is no reason to believe a SmoothStepper would do anything at all to address your spindle speed problem.  Somewhere in there you have a board or some logic that takes the STEP/DIR or PWM output generated by Mach3, and converts it to an analog speed control voltage to the motor speed controller.  It is that circuit that is not operating as it should.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 05:50:20 AM »
Good Morning Ray,
There seems to be no backup with these cnc machines, are you able to recommend a board ect that could cure the problem ?
Best Regards,
Melv.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 06:41:04 PM »
Good Morning Ray,
There seems to be no backup with these cnc machines, are you able to recommend a board ect that could cure the problem ?
Best Regards,
Melv.

I use a Homann Designs DigiSpeed DC-03, which works wonderfully with my VFD, and is very nicely made and cheap.  But, what works best for you depends on the motor controller you have, and I've never worked on an X3.  I would contact Peter Homann (peter@homanndesigns.com), and ask his advise.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »
Hi Ray thank you for your help it is really appreciated.
Melv.