Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:44:02 AM

Author Topic: Screen Button Problem  (Read 5030 times)

Screen Button Problem
« on: October 08, 2009, 04:35:44 PM »
Hi all,

I have been running a licensed copy of Mach3 for about 18 months now and find it great.  However, I recently decided I wanted to try using a different screen.  I downloaded and installed the "Aqua" screen set which is very close to what I was after.  However, none of the buttons would function with my pendant control.  So I set about customizing the screen shortcuts to adapt to the settings I had for my pendant.  I have had about 99% success, but I have one issue which has me confused.  I designed the screen on my main PC with an unlicensed copy of Mach3 and all the buttons work great with my pendant.  Mist and Flood work well, as does X/Y/Z and Start/Pause.  Spindle Speed works great as does feed rate and jog speed.  BUT, I cannot get the spindle to turn on and off.  Well, I can, but it only turns on once and then turns off once.  When I turn it off, the output turns off no problems, however the LED remains on and then the output refuses to go on again unless I hit the Screen E/Stop.  If I do that, I can turn it on once and off once and then the LED stays on, output goes off and I can't turn it on again.

I have checked all my settings in Screen4 and have checked the Mach3 configurations of my design PC and of my PC on the CNC and they appear to be identical but the problem still exists.

I really want to change PC's as the old PC has some issues and I want to change screens because I want to start using my new touch screen.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Cheers!

Dwane

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Button Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:28:22 PM »
Does your start use a Brain or macro or????
 Is it a VB button or just a standard button?

Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 05:54:45 PM »
Hi Hood,
To be honest, I am not 100% sure, as it is basically what was supplied in the Aqua Screen Set.  It is set to OEM Code function 110 and to use Hotkey 116 (F5).
It's just strange that it works perfectly on my design PC, but won't work properly on my machine PC.
I forgot to add that it doesn't work using any of the methods to turn it on/off - Mouse, Touch Screen or pressing F5.....Well, it works once and then it's game over.

Dwane.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 06:10:02 PM »
Ok so your pendant just works by hot keys?
Have you transferred the screenset from the working PC to the machine or are you just editing the one on the machine?
Can you attach the screenset you have modified and I will see if I can find a problem.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 06:19:25 PM »
Hi Hood,

Yes I am just using hotkeys for the pendant.  It has worked well (and still does on the new screen set).  The spindle only stops and starts from the screen or hotkey, not from the pendant.

I am editing it on my main PC, not the machine PC.  And it works fine on the PC I am editing it on, but it refuses to work when I transfer it to the machine PC.  I have tried for 2 days to get it right and decided enough was enough and posted on here to see if anyone could help.  :)

Personally, given that it works on the PC I am editing it with but not on the machine PC, I get the feeling that it is something in Mach's settings on the machine PC.

I have attached the screen set, although not the graphics.  The graphics are what was supplied with the Aqua Screen Set.  Let me know if you want them all in a ZIP file.

Thanks!

Dwane.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
Seems to be working fine here so can you attach the xml from your machine and I will test withthat.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 07:03:44 PM »
Hi Hood,

XML file is attached from the machine PC (Not the design PC).

Thanks for your help.  :)

Dwane.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 07:19:29 PM »
Getting the problem with your xml but so far I can't find what it is. Getting late here so will have another look tomorrow but if the xml on your desktop PC is setup as if it was on the machine then copy that over and see if the problem goes.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 07:22:48 PM »
Thanks Hood.

I will give that a go and see what happens.

Thanks for your time and I will post again if I manage to fix the problem.

Cheers!

Dwane.