Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:49:19 AM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 147385 times)

Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2014, 08:42:16 AM »
Works great!!! Thank You!!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:50:31 AM by ngen33r »
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2014, 06:48:18 PM »
Hi Lee,
I have an 'AX.1' Afterglow Xbox 360 controller, Windows XP recognises the controller, but the plugin doesn't. I have been able to load the Plugin and config the controller, but it isn't registering it. Do I need to get a different controller? Or is there something I can do to get the system to recognise the controller I have?
Cheers,
Steve
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2014, 08:03:37 PM »
I have two CNC machines running on MACH3. One is a Milling machine the other is a CNC Router. I have MACH3 profiles setup for each machine and both have worked fine. I have installed the XBOX360 Controller plugin and it works fine on the Mill but I cannot get the Router to operate with the controller. I have enabled the plugin but when I set the buttons and exit the config it does not operate. Will this only work for one profile or am I doing something wrong?
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2015, 11:05:46 AM »
I know I am late to the game, but just wanted to say this is a really great plugin and works very smooth. I absolutely love the *disable diagonal movement* feature as that was one of the big issues with using the controller on our tables.

The only feature request I have is the ability to map the two triggers to macros instead of using them as safety keys. Is there any way to achieve that right now?

I don’t need the analog input from the triggers, just want to fire a macro when they are pressed. Anyone knows a way to achieve this?
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2015, 04:29:01 AM »
I would like to echo the comments of others, this is a truly useful plug-in, makes setup SOOO much easier especially for a noivice like myself :D

However, unless I am being dense ( perfectly possible I will admit ) I cannot see anyway to program the 'auto tool zero' button or the 'remember' button on Mach3 to the controller.

Have I just missed it? or is it possible?  Do I have to write a macro? if so could anyone let me have an idea of how to go about it.

Thanks in advance

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2015, 12:26:57 PM »
Hi Lee,
I have an 'AX.1' Afterglow Xbox 360 controller, Windows XP recognises the controller, but the plugin doesn't. I have been able to load the Plugin and config the controller, but it isn't registering it. Do I need to get a different controller? Or is there something I can do to get the system to recognise the controller I have?
Cheers,
Steve

Hi,

You need to find out the ProductId and VendorId.  See my manual on how to find this (Device Manager).

Lee

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2015, 12:37:53 PM »
I would like to echo the comments of others, this is a truly useful plug-in, makes setup SOOO much easier especially for a noivice like myself :D

However, unless I am being dense ( perfectly possible I will admit ) I cannot see anyway to program the 'auto tool zero' button or the 'remember' button on Mach3 to the controller.

Have I just missed it? or is it possible?  Do I have to write a macro? if so could anyone let me have an idea of how to go about it.

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Glad you like it.  There is no capability built into the plugin for auto tool zero or remember.  You would have to write a macro. The info for that is on the Mach documentation page:

http://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mach3_V3.x_Macro_Prog_Ref.pdf

You just use a text editor like notepad and give it one of the names that I have setup in the pulldowns -- example XBoxBtn1.m1s. It gets put in the \macros folder under Mach3

Lee

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »
I have two CNC machines running on MACH3. One is a Milling machine the other is a CNC Router. I have MACH3 profiles setup for each machine and both have worked fine. I have installed the XBOX360 Controller plugin and it works fine on the Mill but I cannot get the Router to operate with the controller. I have enabled the plugin but when I set the buttons and exit the config it does not operate. Will this only work for one profile or am I doing something wrong?
Hi,
It works for all profiles.  If you are trying to turn the router on or off with F5 then you are correct. That option is not in the current version. However, I have added that and it will be posted in the next day or two.  If you cannot get the router to move at all then make sure the config screen shows the productid and vendorid and stays enabled after you exit and restart Mach.  If you are still having problems PM me.

Lee

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2015, 10:47:23 PM »
A new version of the plugin has been posted.  It is version 2.4.0.0. It includes 1 new option. The pull down menu includes 1 new choice that you can assign to a button.  That choice is "Torch On/Off F5". It does the same thing as the button on the default plasma screen.  That is, it allows you to turn the torch on and off while the torch is moving.  Let me know if you have any problems.

Lee
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2015, 04:41:09 PM »
I'm having the same problem that drafterman was having. My controller will not work in continuous mode (only jog). This is regardless of whether Mach3 is running in jog or continuous mode. Was his problem ever resolved?

Justin