Mach Discussion > Mach SDK plugin questions and answers.

XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info

<< < (2/31) > >>

Leed3:
The problem is not the ProductId and VendorId but rather trying to support different users pc configurations.  If you have a ProductId and a VendorID I can certainly add it and send you a copy of the modified plugin.  But, if it doesn't work right, you will have to troubleshoot it yourself.

Your suggestion could be done but it would involve considerable rework and I would have to charge for it.

FYI - the EBay selling price is usually about $40.00 US. for the wireless controller package.

--------------------------------------
Well, I am not a programming guy, but if only Vendor and Prodct ID-s are to be added, then can't you just make 2 fields in the config window for them, and (if I get it well) other controllers could be used as well? (and these infos can be read out at the driver info in windows, no?)

hunserv:
Thanks for the answers!
So it does not worth the trouble, then I`ll go for the Microsoft XBOX controller. (Here in Hungary wired controller costs 58 USD, wireless package w. reciever is around 80 USD...)

A few more questions I have after I checked the plugin in MACH:

-There are a large number of choices of actions to mate buttons. Is it possible to have one button as a toggle button for CYCLE START / FEEDHOLD ?
-Triggers on the controller act as switches, right? (only analogs are the 2 thumbsticks?)
-Wouldn`t it be possible to add configurability to the pushbuttons on the thumbsticks and thet 4direction switch under the left stick?
-PC does not recognize the large X button in the middle?

Thanks!

Leed3:
1. I would get the controller from EBay.  It is cheaper and some vendors will ship for free.
2. One button for Cycle start/feedhold is not something I care to implement.  However, I think adding the seperate choices of Cycle start and feedhold is a good idea and I will look at it and see if I can implement it.
3.Triggers are analog also.  Check manual for how they are used.
4. Configuring the pushbutton on the thumbstick is not something I want to do.  The 4 direction switch (thumbpad) is already configured. Check manual.

Lee

hunserv:
THanks for the answers.
After I bought a controller I shall be happy with the current config as well I guess, I was just "brainstorming" about versatile setting possibilities, as start/hold, or e.g. tap on thumbstick could make step/normal jog, 4dir buttons could be then any other button, etc..
but as i have not used a controller yet, I have no experience of what would be really handy. I just start with what`s available.

hunserv:
Hi Lee,

If you don't mind, I've some more questions:

When assigning buttons: RUN FILE, REWIND, STOP FILE, PAUSE, SINGLE STEP are the same as cycle start, rewind, Stop, Feedhold, Single block buttons, or some other code?
There are also a few more options I do not get the meaning in the config of the controller... (jog mode onc/cont/mpg, touch tool, jog increment++ etc...)

Somewhere there should be a list of OEM codes, would that help understanding all these expressions?

Last one for today:

I have on the standard screenset FRO and spindle speed control. I do not see the jog % or jog speed settings... where should I see those? At the moment I guess they are at max, as trigger does not change jog speed on the contoller...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version