Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:45:48 AM

Author Topic: Searching for help in Raleigh NC, Logitrol startup problems  (Read 5550 times)

Searching for help in Raleigh NC, Logitrol startup problems
« on: October 01, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »
I have a 1996 Lagunmatic 3 axis knee mill that used to have a nonfunctioning Dynapath system. I bought a Logitrol system from lowcostretrofits.com. They're located in Australia so customer service is delayed at best. All the parts are pretty much universal and based around 4 gecko320 drives.

I did have the system working but something went sadley wrong when I got to the point of hooking up the limit and home switches. Now the motors won't engage with Mach3 running. I can get the motors to engage with the printer cable unplugged, and I can control them if I plug the printer cable back in with the motors still enaged.

Past that, the Auto limit override won't let me back off the limit switch as covered in the video tutorial. I haven't gotten any farther than that in the set up.

I've been F$%#%$^% with this thing for 5-6 hours a day for 6 days and I'm not making any progress. I would like to find someone local who has experience who would be willing to set this up and show me where I went wrong. I have 2 more of these to do.

Please reply with your availablity and compensation requirments. I'm located on the south side of raleigh in Willow Spring 27592 near i40.

Eric Byrd

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for help in Raleigh NC, Logitrol startup problems
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:13:21 AM »
What kind of switches do you have and how are they wired?
Are the LEDs for the limits on when you look on the diagnostics page?
Can you attach your xml to this thread please.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 09:04:48 AM »
I'm using the switches that were used with the old Dynapath system. They were wired to be normally closed but the new system required that they be normally open. The switches are universal so that was an easy change. All of the limit switches are connected in paralell and tied to pin#10 and ground. The home switches are common grounded and wired individually to pins 11, 12, &13.

The switches in mach3 are set to active high, and none of the limit LEDs are on while the blocks are off the swtiches.

XML is attached.

Thank you for your help,
Eric

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 09:32:42 AM »
I am not sure if that is the correct xml you have attached as there are no limit switches set up in it, you do have the home switches connected though.

Don't see anything wrong with the xml if the home switches are Normally Open.

What breakout board do you use or if  you have a link it would be even better.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »
The xml is what was given to me. I configured the pins according to the tutorial video on machsupport and I also tried the wizard that allows you to press each switch and configures automaticly.

The attached pdf file of the breakout board is what was supplied with the kit. However, the one in the pdf fiel looks nothing like the one inside the controller. Whats inside the controller has CNC Machines Co rev2 2006.

Eric

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 07:30:38 PM »
Are the Inputs and Outputs the same as the pdf?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 12:15:51 AM »
Nothing like the pdf. I shouldn't have posted that. The only thing less relevant would be a 2 month old issue of Cosmopolitan. I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with Brett from PrecisionChaos1.com. We made some progress but the main issue of th emotors not engaging isn't resolved. I need to get more info on the breakout board.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 04:05:49 AM »
Yes, sounds like the BOB is the key, hopefully you will get the required info from Ozz.

Hood