Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:34:30 AM

Author Topic: Jerked operation when executing tool change macro  (Read 3513 times)

Jerked operation when executing tool change macro
« on: September 03, 2006, 06:34:19 PM »
Hi,

Few days ago I tried to run a tool change macro on my machine (see topic : http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=1100.0) but there was a lot of interuption on all the axis movements.
When I execute the macro step by step, everything runs fine and the problem occurs only when launching the full macro.
My first thoughts were that my computer was not enough powerful despite a satisfactory operation until now (PII - 300 MHz - 128 k RAM) but today I had to do some pockets. I used the pocket wizard but as it puts an M6 code when generating the G code, to bypass this problem, I tried to use the "Ignore tool change" button in the "Setting" screen. The tool change macro was ignored but I still had a jerked operation during the whole milling cycle.
Then I edited the G code and simply erased the M6 command. Once I did that, I found back a very smooth operation.
Does anyone have an idea of what could be the problem ?
I'm sure having a more powerful CPU would definitely be better however I wouldn't like to spend money in a new one if it doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks
Jean-Louis
Jean-Louis
Re: Jerked operation when executing tool change macro
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 09:44:24 AM »
The Macro's are very hard on the CPU :(  you are well under anything I have ever tested...

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 02:15:46 PM »
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your answer.
So the next step is to upgrade the CPU  :-\
Could you tell me why it still uses a lot of resources even when the tool change is ignored ? (just for my personal knowledge)

Thanks
Jean-Louis
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 02:17:34 PM by Popeye »
Jean-Louis
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 05:45:37 PM »
The M6 is getting called in the background and that alone is to much for the poor little 300 ;(

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 01:52:21 PM »
OK
Thanks for your help Brian, ... once more  ;D
Jean-Louis