Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:28:21 PM

Author Topic: Wanted: A few good Alpha testers for a Mach3 V4 screen set  (Read 6096 times)

Wanted: A few good Alpha testers for a Mach3 V4 screen set
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »
Hi all,

I'm looking for a few (1-4, probably not more) experienced Mach3 users.

I've been working with Brian to develop an updated screen set for Mach3 V4. The initial screen set version has been prototyped on V3.

The screen set is at an alpha stage of development.

I'm looking for Mach3 users that would be interested in helping test the Alpha screen set software on their CNC hardware.

The essential requirements are:
1) Being interested in participating on a volunteer basis (there's no money involved in this testing gig).
2) You explicitly understand that this is Alpha level software - it could well still have bugs hidden in it. You would be trying this alpha software AT YOUR OWN RISK.
3) You have a working Mach3 controlled Mill or Router.
4) You have a good familiarity with Mach operations.
5) You are willing to document and report any problems you find.

At this time the package is ONLY suitable for experimental use by experienced Mach3 users. It has been loaded and run briefly on mill hardware. However, the total number of running hours can be counted with fingers only!

Alpha testers who also have experience in using VB macros with Mach and experience modifying or creating screen sets would be most helpful. If you do not meet this general criteria, I respectfully suggest that you wait for a later stage of the project to get involved.

Given an understanding that this is an Alpha stage of the project, if you are brave, careful by nature, and after reading this, you are still interested in testing the new screen set, keep reading...

A word about “support”: This project is being done by one person, in his “extra time”, with input from a few others.  I'll try to respond to correspondence re the project, but can not guarantee response time (and the holidays may slow me down a bit more what with family time etc.). Thus, patience would be a good virtue for an Alpha tester to have at this stage of the project. This is also the reason that I can only handle a couple of more testers at this time (there simply isn't the bandwidth necessary for a large formal test program). 

In case I get lots of responses to this post, I apologize to everyone in advance if I can't take everyone interested. Reality is that I just can't service lots of testers at this stage.

Now then, some formalities are in order.
This needs to be crystal clear to anyone thinking of participating:

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY CALYPSO VENTURES, INC. "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

If you're still interested, please send your contact info to my
corp email address: Dave (at) CalypsoVentures.com

Dave Bagby
Re: Wanted: A few good Alpha testers for a Mach3 V4 screen set
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:02:19 PM »
Thanks Guys for the responses.
I've added as many alpha testers as I can handle for now.
I think we now have a large enough group to get enough testing on running hardware that, in the not to distant future, we'll be able to get a
beta version released for more people to work with.

Thanks Again,
Dave