Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:00:09 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys55 and C++  (Read 6618 times)

Pokeys55 and C++
« on: September 22, 2009, 03:00:30 PM »
I'm not sure this forum is the proper one but I do not find anything more similar.

Does anybody know how to manage the pokeys55 in C++?. I know that this device works as a USB HID but I do not find how to use it in this way.

Regards and thanks for any information.

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Pokeys55 and C++
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »
Hi!

Please download VB examples from www.poscope.com
Look also in user manual and PoKeys protocol specification.
You can use pokeys.dll or use it via console.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:20:35 AM »
The provided libraries are valid for Visual Basic and C#, not for C++. I saw programming examples for those programming languajes but not for C/C++.

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 06:06:48 AM »
For now it is only variant that you look in C# in manual and VB examples which can be downloaded.
We are preparing also C++ examples, but release date is not known yet.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »
I understand, I wait for C++ examples. On the other hand, according to the Pokeys55 documentation, it can be used in two ways, either through dedicated libraries (on C# or VB) or through the standard USB HID. Is my understanding correct? If yes, do you know where can I find information (examples, etc) how to manage the Pokeys55 by USB HID. I know the Pokeys document "PoKeys55 protocol specification", but I do not know how send the packages that are described in this document.

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 04:54:53 PM »
Answer is yes.
Please look at these page: http://www.lvr.com/hidpage.htm
Here is explained how to use HID from C++.

regards

Boris
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 07:52:01 AM »

Thanks.

I'll try it.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:11:18 AM »
Finally, I program poKeys55 in C#. It works properly. When I'm programming, I realize that there are much more procedures that the ones showed in paragraph 10. of the User Manual (GetFullDeviceReport for example) .

Where can I find the description of all procedures included in PoKeysDevice_DLL.PoKeysDevice class?.

Regards.

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »
Probably here: http://www.poscope.com/product.php?pid=3 Document PoKeys55 protocol specs.

regards

Boris
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 05:03:29 PM »

Unfortunately not. This document describes the handshake when the poKeys55 device is used as HID device, It's not related with .dll library used in C# or Visual Basic. What I'm looking for is the explanation of all procedures included in PoKeysDevice_DLL.PoKeysDevice class. Paragraph 10 of the user manual describes several of them but not all. There are much more than the ones described in such paragraph.

Regards.