Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:10:33 AM

Author Topic: Plasma cut quality problem  (Read 7481 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma cut quality problem
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »
Great to hear you got it sorted, will have to try and remember that in case anyone else using a plasma has that issue.

Thanks for posting the fix :)
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 12:00:19 PM »
Glad you got it sorted aj. I've been re-looking at your problem again today and just kept coming up with - CV is either turned off or it's not working - I just couldn't come up with anything else.

I took a look at your solution and I'm a tad surprised you're the first (plasma) user to raise this issue.

If it helps - I took a look and here's what actually seems (as far as I can tell anyway) to be going on. For some unknown reason and as you rightly say, the plasma screen doesn't have the screen controls for CVDistance and CVFeerate. BUT and here's the big BUT - it has the CV distance (invisibly) turned on and set to 0 - effectively turning CV off.

By loading in the 1024 set (the Mill set) which does have these CV screen controls, you were able to turn CV distance off and hence turn CV on.

I'm sure someone will tweak the plasma screenset and sort this one out in no time...

cheers

Ian
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:35:11 PM by stirling »
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 11:24:32 PM »
Thanks for trying to explain things a little more. It's been a steep learning curve to say the least. I'm new to Mach3, New to Plasma cutting, and this is my fist machine to build. Servos, controllers, power supplys, electronics....  my brain is almost shorted out. I've been on this project for a little over 2 years and just now started cutting parts.

Take Care, Aj