Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:23:50 AM

Author Topic: Question for Benny  (Read 3566 times)

Hood

Question for Benny
« on: September 01, 2006, 03:35:03 PM »
Hi Benny, was wondering if there was any place in the user settings for the forum to change the default size. I used to have the forum filling the width of the screen but now it seems like its fixed at maybe 800 x 600 resolution. Its a pain in the arse as I have to scroll to see any pic that have been posted.
Hood

ynneb

Re: Question for Benny
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 11:00:02 PM »
That was my tampering that did this. I agree it is way too thin and a PITA
I will change it back soon.

Hood

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 02:24:14 AM »
Thanks Benny but maybe you should ask others if they prefer it this way, wouldnt like you to change it if its just me thats being a grumpy bas***d.
 I was kind of hoping there was an option in my personal settings that would determine what I see but couldnt find it.
Anyway thanks for getting back.
Hood

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 03:58:09 AM »
I think it needs to go wider too, been on other boards where the width change caused an issue.
I have noticed that postings and replies have dropped since the format change, perpahs it's a user issue getting to find the old routes ?

John S.

ynneb

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »
Lets see how 90% width works out. ( Comprimise)

I havnt noticed this yet John, but please let me know if you think there is a continued drop off.
I have now made it so that any email post notifications will contain the text in the email itself. This can have a negative and positive effect. The reader will no longer have to read it online, but it may stop them from coing to the forum to read other posts. I will see how this pans out.

Thanks for the feed back guys.

Hood

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 04:33:11 PM »
Benny
 thats great for me now, I have a resolution of 1280 x 1024 and use Opera, the forum now fills the screen like it used to :)

Hood