Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:09:38 PM

Author Topic: Chains and entities question  (Read 25385 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Chains and entities question
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2009, 02:50:04 PM »
Bill,
Good thought but ........
Carefull on the "backploting" into LC. If the file is generated from LC and posted into Mach and then returned to LC it may go well. If a file is not originated from LC, you open a Gcode file in Mach and the bring back into LC things can get very screwy. Certainly worth the try.

Page 14 of the manual, "Load current Mach3 File"  definition / remark.
Just a comment so folks don't think you can backplot with great success.

Bill, how about an older version of like Mach2 which inported DXF's? Don't have one installed but may be a free
fix. Worth a try!

Dave........we all have an open mind here, so if you think of something ,post.

RICH

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
Hi,Rich

what you are saying about the mach3 import is true. the thing about the backplot move is to try to strip the dxf down to only the chains that are to be used. the target is to get a clean g-code drawing.
when you import it back in l-cam is going to move the chains as it sees fit, but it does not hurt the chains. you then move all the chains to new layers and arrange the layers to what you want. delete all old
layers. scale it up , do an optomize, then save as a l-cam file. now you have a master l-cam. another thing i do that helps alot is to draw a box border around the part wich will give l-cam 4 points for maximum
extents to locate of off while you work on the project. then you delete it like everything else before posting.

bill

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »
Rich

here is some lay work that i have been working on. these letters are .1875 tall. everything is done with mach3,l-cam and the text editor in mach3. the fonts were TT imported into l-cam.
there was alot of scaling and backplotting to get the master l-cam, then it was smooth sailing from there. as crappy as l-cam is , i have alot of fun with it, plus it has a ton of power. all the lays
are done and this week i do the pockets. the code and the butt are ready .

bill
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2009, 06:17:56 PM »
Hey Doc!

You are going to love this one. I opened the dxf into Lcam. Did all the move, optimize, post hocus pocus and looked in mach3 and there was the air cleaner. THE AIR CLEANER TOOL PATH WAS THERE!

I go back to Lcam and click the load current mach3 file button and guess what happens.. . . . . .

The image of a file that i havent worked with in 2 weeks is in the Lcam window!!

2 WEEKS!!

Got a fix for that one!!  Haahahahhahhahhha!!!!

Gotta go bang my head on the garage wall!
BYE
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 06:23:29 PM by stevehuck »
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2009, 12:06:33 PM »
After all the hoopla, here is the finished product. Try not to laugh, it's only my second attempt at Gcode.

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »
steve

you had that all along and were just messin with us. now quit clowning around and get to work.

bill