Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:29:02 PM

Author Topic: Can Mach support clockwise/counterclockwise drivers?  (Read 3500 times)

Can Mach support clockwise/counterclockwise drivers?
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:36:24 PM »
I have searched the manual but I can't find any information regarding clockwise/counterclockwise signals.  I have access to many 5 phase Vexta motors and drives for free that I would like to use on my mini router I am working on.  These drives want clockwise/counterclockwise and a pulse to operate.
Re: Can Mach support clockwise/counterclockwise drivers?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »
IMHO, direction and step should be the same for you. Direction stays all time CW or CCW, step pulse is limited to 5ms, but you can use some unit (for example 74HC123 based) to make the pulse longer. Also you should take care about signal levels which these drivers expects. Probably PC LPT port will not suits it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 04:56:37 PM »
I am not sure if that is what Max NC mode is, do a search and you may find some info.

The SmoothStepper can be configured for quadrature output which is probably the same as CW/CCW operation so it could be done with that I think.
Hood

Offline mr.c

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 11:29:18 PM »
This is not much of a help other than that I know that those drives can be operated step/direction without any extra hardware. I had a spare Vexta drive that was cw/ccw and I was able to use it to replace one of my step/direction drives. So don't give up on it. I did it years ago but can't remember how. There may be a dip switch setting that will do it. If I can remember how,I will let you know. I do have a Vexta manual that came with one of my new drives. You can probably find that with a google search. I think that it was just a dip switch setting.