Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:09:47 AM

Author Topic: Moving from XMC-E to Mach3 controller program  (Read 10970 times)

Moving from XMC-E to Mach3 controller program
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:56:35 PM »
Hi everybody, am hoping you can advice me on this one, I have a Pacer 2500 CNC, which came with XMC-E controller software, but I have had nothing but problems with it, Pacer have been no help over the last 18 months, they had me spending £4500 GBP with them, but the problems kept coming, they walked away leaving me with the same problems I started with, (Court Action is pending.)
What I need help with is, if I get the Mach3 controller software,  do I only need to install the software, run my Cam/cad program ( V-Carve Pro ) make a G-file save it, then open Mach3, open the G-file and run it, will Mach3 run the CNC if I have sidestepped XMC-E by not opening it, or will I have to do Some setting up of the Mach3 Program before it runs the CNC.

I hope I have made myself clear as to what I am trying to do, thanks in advance.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Moving from XMC-E to Mach3 controller program
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »
mandupuk,
The work flow you described is what you will need to do.

I don't know anything about the Pacer so will only quess that you will need to do some configuration of MACH3.
Maybe someone in here is familar with it.
Can you post some info on the drives , type of motors ,and Pacer specific model number then someone will take a look at what is involved.
RICH
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:57:06 PM by RICH »
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:22:13 AM »
Hi Rich, Thanks for your reply, will take a look tomorrow as to what motors and any other details of the Pacer Router, By the way Pacer are now asking me for another £3700 to sort the problem out, as I said they have already had £4500 of me and failed to get it sorted, anyway thank again for your reply.

Regards Ernie.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
have a similiar problem with xmc-e -i would be interested to fiind out did you solve your problem and how
gerald
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:06:05 AM »
Hi Gerald, we are still working with xmc-e, I do not know if you know that Pacer was sold to xyz and they made a lot of there stall unemployed, I got a lot of emails off ex-pacer engineers offering there services, we tried one and he got it going abit, but it still will not load large cutting files, we have to work around this problem by loading it as layers, but this stops us from nesting, so high board usage. We would like to change over to Mach3 if we can with out a lot of messing around, if we could get hold of a copy of Mach3 just to try it, then if it works spend on our own program, but to spend and it will not work this would be again a waste of more money.
We where at a trade show and XYZ-Pacer was there, we give them some ********* and was telling the people that where coming to there stand that they was a total load of crap, plus there after service is crap as well, they did not like it, but what could they do, I told them if they think we were doing something wrong take us to court, they just put up with us for the day. If you would like to talk too me my email is bespokedirect@btinternet.com and mobile is 07807888346 you can contact me 24/7 on this number, let me know about your problem/s, by the way when we had the old pacer engineer he was telling us as to what tricks they where told by Pacer to do to get the price up over all.
Regards Ernie.