Third party software and hardware support forums. > PoKeys

Can I do this jogging with Pokeys?

(1/1)

c+c:
Hello I recently bought pokeys55 and want to use it for my milling machine now.

I did some thinking about how I would like to ideally jog with some buttons.
This is what I really would like:

For each direction (-X, +X, -Y, +Y, -Z and +Z) I would like to have two buttons, plus one common 'fast' button.
When pressing the first, it should move 0.01mm (step). When holding longer, it should go into a very slow continues mode (like 0.1mm/sec).
When pressing the second it should move at medium speed (like 10mm/sec), and when pressing the 'fast' button too it should move faster (like 100 or 200mm/sec).

Is this possible with pokey?
If so, how can I do that?
And if not, is there some other way to do that?

borisz:
Hi!

It is possible to that with PoKeys. There are 3 variants:
- PoKeys is emulating keyboard. You should use arrow, pg up and pg down and shift keys as on your ordinary keyboard
- Use Mach plugin for PoKeys
- You can use MPG with Mach plugin for PoKeys. Look on www.CNC4PC.com.

regards

Boris

c+c:

--- Quote from: borisz on August 25, 2009, 05:49:00 AM ---It is possible to that with PoKeys. There are 3 variants:
- PoKeys is emulating keyboard. You should use arrow, pg up and pg down and shift keys as on your ordinary keyboard
- Use Mach plugin for PoKeys
- You can use MPG with Mach plugin for PoKeys. Look on www.CNC4PC.com.

--- End quote ---

I do not want to use a MPG so I prefer using Mach plugin for PoKeys.

So can I:

- Define different behaviour when pressing a button short or longer than for instance 1 second?
- Define different behaviour when pressing a button together with some other button?
- Use step jogging and 3 different speeds of contineous jogging without changing speed and mode each time?

regards

borisz:

--- Quote from: c+c on August 25, 2009, 08:26:25 AM ---So can I:

- Define different behaviour when pressing a button short or longer than for instance 1 second?
--- End quote ---
You should define that in your software

--- Quote from: c+c on August 25, 2009, 08:26:25 AM ---- Define different behaviour when pressing a button together with some other button?
--- End quote ---
If you are emulating keyboard, you can use shift, ctrl etc as in your keyboard. If you will use Mach plugin, you should do some programing.

--- Quote from: c+c on August 25, 2009, 08:26:25 AM ---- Use step jogging and 3 different speeds of contineous jogging without changing speed and mode each time?

--- End quote ---
That is up to you, how you will define them.

Manuals are your friends ;)

regards

Boris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version