Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:42:10 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Customization/Macro Programming Documentation  (Read 61215 times)

vmax549

Re: Mach3 Customization/Macro Programming Documentation
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 11:14:02 AM »
Simpson I do thank you for your work on servo drive reveiws, it was something long overdue. One of the things about this site is it serves from middleschoolers (yes) all the way up to double doctorates.  It is really amazing it works as well as it does. But that is because of all the hard work these guys crank out day to day. They really make it what it is.  A CooL place to hang out and learn.

(;-) TP

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 12:49:16 PM »
Simpson:

Understand, again, I was not critizing Ray, I have worked in VB, screens, macros, etc. here on this site, and have released a very large amount of "Help", examples, screens, my own attempts at documenting the undocumented VB that Art sent me etc.  So, I do know EXACTLY what it is to release Projects, Help, etc. to this very community.  The reason I posted what I did was that I AM speaking from YEARS of hands on experience using VB, Screens, Wizards, etc.  I got and have got many questions through the years on how to do this or that. So, I understand from personal experience what the "average user" (and I include my self in that statement, since I remember the Uphill learning curve that was involved with it).

So, I guess my point is this, my post was to Ray in what he asked for, If you opions differ from mine please keep your "Flames" about my concerns to yourself.   

I have looked over your post, I have not seen any great deal of VB, Screen, Wizrard, or macro help that you have contributed to the group. Terry has contributed alot of VB that has helped the community a great deal (see Macro Tool Box).  Yet, you tried to tear him down.

if you dont mind, if you are unable to post without "Flameing" some one like Terry who is a respected member of this community, then just dont post.

IF you meant your "Flames" and little barbs at me, and Terry in jest then ignore the above,

scott
fun times

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 04:47:12 AM »
poppabear,

I'm not going to participate in public discussions about other members. We are all big boys and can speak for ourselves.

As to your comments about your own impressions, you seem unsure of the intent of my postings. If it had been my intention to 'flame' you, there would be no doubt in your mind.

If one presents a postion in an open forum, then that position is open to debate and may need to be defended.  There is nothing personal in this.

There is a lot of distance between 'you have a bad idea' and 'you are bad for having that idea.' I would apologize for any instance where I implied the latter, as that would never be my intention.

I am a fact hound for the most part, but if I sense my tail being twisted, occasionally I will poke back at a worthy opponent as with my 'interpogated' remarks.  Your reaction may be very different from that of the intended recipient, which is why it is best not to be someone elses spokesperson.

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 05:14:12 AM »
Simpson I do thank you for your work on servo drive reveiws, it was something long overdue.

Thanks. I'll be adding the two new drives I received in the mail last Saturday. These are brand new models from CNCdrive in Hungary. I'm happy with the drives so far.

Tuning is not too bad comparatively speaking, but automatic tuning is planned. That should be interesting.

Performance is excellent and with some luck we will be able to communicate with these drives in real time while MACH is running with the new script capabilities.   8)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 05:18:16 AM by simpson36 »

vmax549

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »
HIYA RAY, ARE you far enough along to release a sumary of the VB commands BEFORE you start to write the novel?
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2009, 12:22:48 PM »
HIYA RAY, ARE you far enough along to release a sumary of the VB commands BEFORE you start to write the novel?

Terry,

I've decided to do the "legacy" VB reference first, and I'm probably 1/4-1/3 through it.  I'll release a draft as soon as it's complete - probably 2-3 weeks.

Right now, I'm tearing my hair out trying to make sense of the Modbus functions....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

vmax549

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »
RAy you may want to get in touch with Peter H he should be able to get you up to speed quickly.

Have you found an LED that may indicate the machine is AT HOME position?? 

(;-) TP
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2009, 09:10:23 PM »
RAy you may want to get in touch with Peter H he should be able to get you up to speed quickly.

Have you found an LED that may indicate the machine is AT HOME position?? 

(;-) TP

Terry,

I haven't even started looking at OEM codes yet.  Somebody else is handling that can of worms.  I will document what he finds, once he's verified them all.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »
Any status on the new manual?
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »
Any status on the new manual?

It was published several months ago, here:  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12730.0.html

The v4 manual is still not started, since the v4 VB interface is still undefined....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.