Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:27:45 PM

Author Topic: Jogging with Arrow Keys Problem  (Read 28350 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jogging with Arrow Keys Problem
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »
Ok so if the DROs still keep counting in the direction they were going previous to the random reversal then that means Mach and your Keyboard are fine and definitely is from the Port out. It could be noise or even I suppose a bad cable (broken wire) or it could be the BOB or even the drives. Checking with the voltmeter from port out the way on the Dir signal will soon get you to where the change is happening.

Yes there is nothing to stop you taking a reading from the BOBs outputs but if the signal changes there when it shouldnt then you need to go back to the Parallel cable  input to the BOB and check there, if it changes there then its either the cable or the port, if it doesnt then its the BOB.

Hood

vmax549

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »
almost sounds like port pin setup problem where there are duplicates for step and direction pins(;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »
Hi guys. I had this.
Hi all.
 After quite a while of trouble free motoring, today I have random z movement, from the keyboard, and from the Tab controls. (press down get down, press down get down, press down get up

I can't see if you  have tried jogging from the tab menu. If you get the same problem here, and you have Geckos, it is a bad connection in the blue plugs and pins. remake these, or just tighten the loose one. This has cured it for me.

Jim

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 03:09:12 PM »
Using the Tab menu makes no difference for me. My drivers are Probotix and the connections to the BOB are with ribbon cables.

Thru the suggestion from the CNCZone Forum I increased the direction pulse to 15 with no change to the problem but next to this setting there is also the step pulse which was set at 5uS (that is the min recommended setting). So I increased this setting to 10 and the results are fantastic! Both the X & Y axis almost never reverse. I hit the up arrow and as I jog, it keeps going all the way to home and only reversed twice. The X axis seems to be even better.

Due to other work I had to stop my testing but on the weekend I plan to increase this number gradually and see what happens.
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 03:18:30 PM »
If increasing the pulse time has helped, try to go into config., ports and pins, port set up and check sherline mode.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 04:41:27 PM »
If increasing the pulse time has helped, try to go into config., ports and pins, port set up and check sherline mode.

Brett

Just did that, X axis noticed no change, Y axis was dead - pressing arrow keys DRO's change but motor is dead.

What the Sherline mode supposed to do anyway
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »
It increases the time for step and direction to a value greater than can be acheived form the motor tuning page. Also, in general config, do you have the enhanced pulsing enabled (checked)?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 08:48:57 PM »
It increases the time for step and direction to a value greater than can be acheived form the motor tuning page. Also, in general config, do you have the enhanced pulsing enabled (checked)?

Brett

Yes, Enhanced Pulsing is checked
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »
You would have to connect to the port where I have circled in red to be sure as the connectors at the bottom have passed through the isolation. But knowing whether the DROs show the reversal will tell you as much anyway so easier to look there.
Hood

Hello Hood

As you can see from the attached image, it is almost impossible to take readings from the printer port because there is this plastic kind of head covering the pins. Since my DRO's are working good do you still think that I have to do that?

Since I have increased the value of the direction and step pulse in the motor tuning screen the situation has improved drastically but I still believe that the machine is not safe to use even with the occasional travel reversal.
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 03:20:31 AM »
Are your drives optically isolated on their Step/Dir inputs? I am thinking the Probotix is, so that would mean the Step/Dir is double isolated and that could well cause issues.
Hood