Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:04:19 PM

Author Topic: Prev. seq. not yet complete  (Read 6873 times)

Prev. seq. not yet complete
« on: August 08, 2009, 05:25:23 PM »
Hi guys,

I recently build a probe based on the "One-penny touch probe".  I am using pin 12 on my parallel port for the "Active Low" trigger and it triggers correctly on the "Diagnostics" screen.

I position the probe as suggested in the message screen and reset all axis to 0. I start the 3dProbe and select the option "Probe object with grid". 

The x and y-axis start moving in the positive direction.  After approximately 10 seconds (whilst still in the process of moving to the extent of my workpiece to be scanned), I receive the error message "Prev. seq. not yet complete". 

When I click on "OK", the probe moves briefly only for the "Prev. seq. not yet complete" message to appear again.  This continues non-stop with obviously no success at probing.

I am using R3.041 of Mach3 and version 2 of the Probing plug-in.  I would really appreciate any assistance in this regard.

Regards
Conroy
Re: Prev. seq. not yet complete
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »
Conroy,
Did you ever get an answer to your "Prev. seq. not yet complete"question.
I got the same results and had to hold down the computer power button and reboot to get it out of the loop. Now I was using the probe as an active low setting when this happened.
My probe is Normally closed so I am using it as an active high setting now, but when I trip the probe I don't get any switch light recognition in the diagnostics screen of Mach3.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Also is there a tutorial or instructions on how to use the 3dprobe plug-in?
Thanks for any help.
Rick

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
hi psutex - if I had a quid for every time I've seen posts with that error message both here and on the zone I'd be a rich man ;D
Here's one that actually came to a conclusion http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753709&postcount=10
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »
sterling - thanks for the reply and answer, not the answer I was looking for, but I will have to see where I go from here.
Rick
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 01:05:27 AM »
Hi Rick,

Below, please see the reply from Brian Barker.  It appears to be a problem with the plug-in that Art wrote.  Apparently he has not had the time to fix it for us.....

Must be a problem in the plugin.. This is something that Art made and we don't have the code for it .. Art would need to change the plugin and I am not sure if he is going too :( You can do a probe with the G31 command and save the points.. I think it is M45 or something like that that enables the saving of the points..

Thanks
Brian 

Conroy du Plessis wrote:>
Hi Brian,> > My original "subject line" read "HELP NEEDED WITH DIGITIZING WIZARD"> > In fact, I am not experiencing the problem described below when using > the Digitizing Wizard, however, when using the Probing plug-in, the > problem occurs.> > There are other users with similar problems. Please see the link below:> > http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=12268.new;topicseen#new> > > I have increased the debounce value to as much as 500, but still > experience the same message, "Prev. seq. not yet complete"> > Any ideas?

> > Regards
> Conroy

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:24:41 AM »
IF you need a great probing routine Check out Sterlings method/program. It is the best I have seen running mach.

By the way the plugin code is available to anyone who thinks they can fix it(;-)

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 02:39:53 PM »
Hi TP,

Any idea where I can get hold of the Sterling methog/plugin you are referring to?  Could not find it on the "Downloads/Plug-ins" page.

:-(

Regards
Conroy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:44:51 PM by conroydp »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »
http://www.razordance.co.uk/probe25D.htm

THis is Stirlings website where the routine resides

(;-) TP