Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:26:08 AM

Author Topic: Jetter Digital Servo Amplifier  (Read 4251 times)

Jetter Digital Servo Amplifier
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:36:31 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to servo connection between computer with Mach3 software and servo motor. I have experience with stepper motor and stepper motor driver driven from parallel port, but this is something else.

Now my question: It is possible to control from computer (with Mach software) this servo amplifier? I have Jetter CAN-DIMA 3-08 Digital servo amplifier and servo motor with encoder and brake. This part's was used in custom industrial machine together and was controlled by PLC from Jetter NANO-C.

I plan use this servo motor with amplifier in my CNC mill, but I need help. if this combination can be used with computer controlled system.

Any info will be useful.

P.S.: In manual for digital servo amplifier is something named CAN BUS used to communicate with the amplifier, it is possible to connect this bus to PC?

Many thanks for any info.

Rudo

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jetter Digital Servo Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:53:12 PM »
If the drive can take Step and Direction signals then it can most likely be used. CanBus is not an option with Mach so if that is the only means of connection then you cant.
Do you have a link to the manual?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

Link to amplifier manual:

http://www.jetter.de/download/Internet/english/3_Drives/CAN-DIMA/CAN-DIMA_3-08/can-dima_3-08_ba_131_manual.pdf

I not sure, but the can bus is the only way to control the amplifier.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »
Did a google and found it, looks like its no use for Mach :(
Hood