Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:02:32 AM

Author Topic: Torch Height Control Process  (Read 7192 times)

Re: Torch Height Control Process
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 11:29:46 PM »
The LEDs that light when I toggle spindle is the output1 and on display board of thc torch light comes on. No other on pins in diag lights

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 03:32:18 AM »
Thx stirling

Ok now I get it  ;)

I recall we chatted over email when I enquired about your thc unit. I will be ordering soon on my next build. My only concern being - which I'm experiencing now - is the second port needed. I can't seem to get a suitable wine that signals in Mach 3.

Your THC interfaces with the Cnc cable with powermax and don't require any interface connection to J21 and J18 for raw arc volts.

Hi Shane

My system does not need a second parallel port and you don't need to connect anything inside the plasma cutter and you don't need to go anywhere near raw arc volts. see www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,23755.0.html

Cheers

Ian
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 08:22:42 AM »
Thanks guys for all your input. Problem found and solved with the torch switching on. Im an idiot - Silly me it was the charge pump pin and port config. I had it port 17 : pin 2 when in fact it was port 2 : pin 17.

I know I'm an idiot for 2 weeks battling with everything else and not noticing the obvious staring me in the face.

Anyway the supplier picked p the problem in 2 tick. Thanks to him and all here for their input.