Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:52:51 AM

Author Topic: mach 3 set up w/ a 3 AXIS CNC DRIVER BOARD problems.  (Read 12591 times)

Offline vadude

•  18 18
  • WYSIWUG
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3 set up w/ a 3 AXIS CNC DRIVER BOARD problems.
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 07:47:44 PM »
Have you been able to solve the problem?That is exactly the same problem that I am having   ie.. to be able to translate those vague IN/OUT signal usage in the manual for this driver from Univelop.I bought mine on ebay and I have not been able to get my motors to turn. I spent countless hours trying to get it going but dont seem to make any progress.I emailed the seller about 4 days ago but no response.
       I used to have Driver from MDfly.com which works fine  ie..turns all the 3 axis motors to get a job done.It required just one power supply.I accidentally fried it from a new power supply.

No Pain No Gain
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »
I should have posted my solution when i got it here.

theres a output option, with 'enable' settings.  set these to 8 9 and 14 to enable each axis.  make sure step and dir is set.  double check your port number.   use the arrow keys and you should get results.

all 3 axis are turning, both directions, and i'm currently in frame development phase w/ the machine itself now.

Offline vadude

•  18 18
  • WYSIWUG
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 11:39:07 PM »
I should have posted my solution when i got it here.

theres a output option, with 'enable' settings.  set these to 8 9 and 14 to enable each axis.  make sure step and dir is set.  double check your port number.   use the arrow keys and you should get results.

all 3 axis are turning, both directions, and i'm currently in frame development phase w/ the machine itself now.
Can anyone help...
I did that but the  x & y motors are acting wierd.They are continously turning in the clockwise direction & will only change direction when i reverse them with the arrow keys.
  Also there is another observation,the X & Y motors will only stop when I press the estop button.As soon as it is released it continue with its motion.
   I was about able to run the roadrunner gcode but I could tell that the X & Y motors are running against the continous motion as described.
    The Z axis motor is fine.It responds appropriately to the "pageup & pagedown" keys on the keyboard.
  what am I doing wrong here?Can anybody help?
No Pain No Gain

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 01:54:36 AM »
Check your wiring, sounds like you have it wrong, either that or you may have duplicate pins enabled in Mach for more than one function.
Hood

Offline vadude

•  18 18
  • WYSIWUG
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 09:58:14 AM »
I am using the mach3 lockdown version.I have checked the port & pin #s and they are all ok.
No Pain No Gain

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »
Then if all that is correct the next most likely is noise on the Step/Dir signals.
Hood