Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:23:30 AM

Author Topic: added 10 custom macros and reversable axis to the shuttle pro  (Read 25505 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
added a modification to the shuttle pro, it now can execute upto 10 custom macros, and you have the option to reverse axis X-C.

it is reply 88 for the detail, but I loaded the new plug in here as an attachement, and a screen shot.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1220.new.html#new

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: added 10 custom macros and reversable axis to the shuttle pro
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 10:25:58 AM »
You now have 10 custom macros, and you can independantly reverse any of the 6 axis.

The Download zip is attached here for convienance, it has both a ".m3p" and a ".dll" format type.

Note: Since the 6 extra custom macros where added in following Arts numbering convention. You will need to Re-Pick all your buttons that
you assigned that are OEM buttons. The insertion of the 6 macros, pushes down the index by six.

BTW:  A user has said that an old bug that you could not assign the rapid++, and rapid--, to the large black buttons, but it was ok to assign to the silver buttons.
since if your assign it to the large black it will toggle the jog. That bug still exist, I did look to see what may be causing it, but didnt see any reason for it to exist.

scott
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:47:39 AM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:17:14 AM »
Here is the Source Code for the Shuttle Pro Mods I did, so you can look at it your self.

scott
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »
Scott

Tried the new plugin.  Great to have the option of more custom macros.  Thanks for the update.

When reversing any or all of the axis and using the outer ring, instead of seven progressive jog speeds I only get four with a blank or dead spot between each one. 

Is this what I should be seeing?

Greg

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »
dont know why that would be, I uploaded the Revised source code for what I did, please feel free to see if you see the prob. I dont own a shuttle pro, so dont really know what your saying....... If I could recreate the problem here (if I had one), I could then probably trace the issue down.
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 08:56:23 PM »
Scott

Unfortunately I am no where near smart enough to understand the source code.  :(

Perhaps we should wait to see if other users are experiencing the same issue.  It might just be me.

So anyone with a shuttle pro like to try reversing an axis and see what jogging with the outer ring works like?

Greg

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 05:03:41 AM »
Scott

Unfortunately I am no where near smart enough to understand the source code.  :(

Perhaps we should wait to see if other users are experiencing the same issue.  It might just be me.

So anyone with a shuttle pro like to try reversing an axis and see what jogging with the outer ring works like?

Greg

Hi Greg,

I,m also experiencing the same weirdness as yourself. I had mentioned it in the thread where Scott first posted the new plug-in so just wanted to to let you know you are indeed not alone. I have tried 2 Shuttle Pro 2's and they both do the same thing. Possibly it's our Model Version or something.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1220.100.html

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »
EXPERIMENTAL  Shuttle PRO plugin!!!!!

Dave & Greg (and any others),

I have looked at the code again Under "ShuttleWin.cpp" in this function: void ShuttleWin::OnOuterPos( int pos )
this is the ONLY place that looks like it can generate a row of number options like you speaking of, I cant find the numbers
you posted anywhere, so they must get modified some where.

At any rate, try this  EXPERIMENTAL "ShuttleProV2.dll"  (it is in a M3P format, NOTE: because it is named different, you will need to CUT out your current shuttle pro.dll and paste on your desk top or somewhere, double click this one. then Enable this one, it is named different (see the V2).

Try it out and see if it fixes the issue your talking about, if it does not, then since I dont have a shuttle pro the problem is beyond my ability to trouble shoot without one, someone else will need to step in who has one.  OR, if your Crazy engough you could mail yours to me, I could test it here and see if I can find the bug, and mail it back if successfull.

ALSO:   Worse case senerio, I can just REMOVE the Damn Reverse Axis options, there where only put there cause that one guy wanted to be able to reverse what his button moved.

Plugin atached,

scott
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 07:20:09 PM »
Scott

Tried the V2.  Reversing does not work at all now.   :D

That is, the axis jogs properly but the direction does not change.

I am on the other side of the planet so mailing the device is probably not worth it.   :)

I can see how reversing an axis might be handy for some users but is not something I would use.

The extra macro calls are great though.

Greg

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 09:43:11 AM »
opps...............   I found a place in the code where I forgot to change the variable into the jog direction....

so this "ShuttleProV3.dll"  is like the first one I released, but with the button jog direction code fixed....

Please test it and let me know. If this doesnt fix it, then what I will do is REMOVE the axis Reverse options all together and just release it with the 10 macros....... 

Scott
fun times