Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:37:16 AM

Author Topic: Glitch in Turn OD arc wizard program?  (Read 3734 times)

Glitch in Turn OD arc wizard program?
« on: July 26, 2009, 10:18:01 PM »
I am very new at cnc but I have successfully made a few things using mach3 with this install.  I am using windows xp to run version R3.042.020.  

While using the arc turning wizard to make a sphere the program/machine stopped about 1/3 of the way through when it got to this code  G01 X 0.75 it created that code (G01 X 0.75) and repeated it over and over dozens of times.  so i scanned down the code lines and it acted odd not wanting to scroll through the code then finally did and after i scrolled back up the repeating portion was gone.  with my limited knowledge i don't know how weird this really is or not.  But it is annoying if nothing else.  I closed the program and restarted it then changed a minor detail in the wizard dimensionally and ran the program over and it glitched again giving me the exact same error.  Before i ran the program again I scrolled through the code and there wasn't dozens of lines of G01 X 0.75 so it has to be creating it while the program is running.  

My only thought is that my power supply is too close to my P.C.  If that is the case how close can they be without concern they are in the same cabinet.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Jamie
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:32:33 AM by MAKESOMECHIPS »
Re: Glitch in Turn OD arc wizard program?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 03:11:31 PM »
I didn't count how many lines of code (i don't think it was 500) I was at in the wizard  could this looping/ stopping  be the fact that my version is a trial version and not licensed therefore it just stops as i have read about?

If that is the case how much does it cost to license my copy and how do I go about it?

Thanks

Jamie

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »
The wizards are included with current version of Mach and will post unlimited lines of code with a license. If you don't have a  license, the lines are limited. I never had your stated problem when using the wizards.

You can order Mach, see PURCHASE up at the top of the page.

Rich
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 04:23:12 PM »
Rich

Thank you for your response.  Will a typical wizard output go beyond 500 lines of code?  How long is the license good for?  Does it include updates?

Again thank you for taking the time to think on my problems.

Jamie

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 04:43:10 PM »
Hmm,
A lot of stuff will fall under 500 lines, but i am not sure if that's the true limit, and may be less,
especialy if there is loop  or canned cycle in the file.

There is no time limit on the license.
Th only update being done is to update the Turn Module which will eventualy replace
LazyCam (LC)  turn with LazyTurn (LT), and the LC license will be good for LT.

RICH