Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:40:03 AM

Author Topic: Repetitive Wizzard  (Read 4509 times)

Repetitive Wizzard
« on: July 18, 2009, 02:57:50 PM »
Hi All,

I'd like to create a wizard to cut multiple parts from a tap file that only contains code for cutting one part.
I'd like the Wizard to ask how many parts across and how many parts high. It would also ask for part width and height.  It would then create a new tap file that would contain all start up messages, plus the looping plus the gcode from the selected file, then the stop and clean up code.

I would like to be able to use a gcode file that is capable of cutting a single part if possible, meaning that I'd like the wizard to strip off the begin and end of the program.  I would have no problem creating the actual cutting code as a subroutine (M98, M99)

Has anyone out there done something like this before?  Is it possible?

Mad Scientist
Re: Repetitive Wizzard
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 09:58:01 PM »
Its already in the free Mach wizard set- its called Nesting, by Oliver Adler. It installs with every Mach system.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the info, That wizard is similar to what I want, but not exactly.  Perhaps I can modify that one.

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:43:43 AM »
OK, I checked out the nesting wizard and I have a question.  The Wizard makes you place a M99 at the end of the code, but then if you try and load it, you get an error that a return statement was encountered without a sub... looping. 

Any thoughts on how to get around this?"

vmax549

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
just hit the cancell button in the popup window and the code will STAY loaded in mach.

THEN go to the wizard.

(;-) TP