Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:37:03 PM

Author Topic: Brain termination equivalent to  (Read 2947 times)

Offline 4z7

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Brain termination equivalent to
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:32:59 PM »
I have "Ready" signals wired to MACH Inputs from 4 servos.  I can't wire all the ready inputs to just the MACH estop input and also I want MACH to indicate what device is not "ready".  If any device faults or becomes not "ready" I want Mach to react just like it received an external estop.

Enable1 is wired to all the motor controllers which allow starting and stop the motors as fast as possible (braking) if disabled.  An estop switch and relay with aux contacts also disable/ stop the motors wired directly to the controllers.  An e-stop aux. contact is also wired to the one and only MACH E-Stop input.

A simple BRAIN with the 4 servo "ready" inputs "OR" terminated to ENABLE1 will stop or disable all the servos but doesn't disable MACH which continues motion output.  I've tried to terminate the brain to LEDs, BUTTONS, everything having to do with 'ESTOP" but nothing seems to work. 

What termination will stop all motion and flush the motion queue?  This seems like such basic fuctionality that I must be missing  something.  Thanks.

Kurt
Re: Brain termination equivalent to
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 03:02:19 AM »
Dont do this in a brain. I have my lathe set up like yours and none of this is done with software. All though relays or chained together. What servo drives are you using?