Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:12:47 AM

Author Topic: Diagnostics Screen INPUT #6 keeps fashing  (Read 8142 times)

Re: Diagnostics Screen INPUT #6 keeps fashing
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »
Yes I did. 

Here is the link:

http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/index.php?cPath=40&osCsid=68034b45bf23ae30b50f1769a98a7365

It is the MPG2 that I purchased. Thats where I got the brains.

After my first attempt at installing everything I disabled the brains and put everything else back to factory condition (I think) and I disconnected the MPG.  I had originally installed a PCI LPT2 card specifically for the MPG but that card too is disable as well at the moment (disabled in ports and pins that is).  I double checked the address for the card and I am sure it was correctly installed at the time.  I also followed the installation guide that CNC4pc provided to the letter.  Everything on the MPG did work except for the wheel.  I could never get it to move the motors/table.

Thats where I am at the moment along with being a bit frustrated.  If it's any help I also have limit and home switches installed.  All in series and limit and home using the same switch.  They all work perfect.

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »
And here is the brains I downloaded.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »
OK OutPut 6 is being used by the pendant for the Jog On LED, if it sees the LED it switches that output, so if you dont have the pendant attached you can disable it.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 06:28:06 PM »
Thanks Hood.  I will. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 06:34:36 PM »
Just looked again at your xml and compared to the setup docs on the CNC4PC site. You have the active state wrong for  OEM Triggers 1 to 6 and 8.

Hood
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 06:51:39 PM »
Thats because I was attempting to reset everything in Mach 3 back to the way it was before I tried to install the MPG.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »
OK, well just disable all the OEM triggers, the MPG and OutPut6 and that should be it :)
Hood
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »
Thanks again Hood.  I am going to try and install the MPG later this week and would really appreciate some help when it doesn't work. I wanted to get my motors working properly first and then my limit and home switches second.  So other than this LED I'm just about ready to try the MPG again.

One question for you before I go at the MPG again; when I first tried to install it I had enable all of the OEM Triggers in ports and pins as per the documentation that I downloaded.  There are a series of JOG switches just below (after) the OEM Trigger switches in that tab.  There was no mention of these switches in the docs but it occurred to me later on that maybe they should have been enabled.  Then maybe my wheel might have worked as the switches were labeled for jogging.  Do you have any comment on that proposition.

John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »
No these Inputs are for external buttons. Say for example you have momentary buttons on your panel and you wish to use them for jogging you would connect them to the parallel port and set them up in Ports and Pins as these Jog inputs.

Hood